Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rosette and witch boot tutorial

Still on a Halloween kick~ I must say that the majority of the house is decorated...finished it up while watching football...GREAT victory for our local Washington Redskins and YAY for my New England Patriots!! I would still like to decorate the outside but (it's a wee bit early!) My neighbors already think I'm nuts! So a few 'faux' pumpkins in the porch are okay.

The other day I pulled out the Designer Rosette Bigz XL die (125594). Confession: I bought it as soon as it was available with excitement...and until the other day I had not even used it!! Whatever was I thinking?? I watched Stampin' Up!'s great video/tutorial and went to work...my hubby laughed at my sillyness because mid-completion...they really do start looking like a lampshade (which I placed on my head like a hat!) Watch the video and you'll see what I'm talking about:



After I took off my head and completed it:



Isn't it AMAZING?? He was even impressed ! I used a total of (3) 12" pieces for all of the large rosettes. Measurements vary depending how wide you want them.

Here are a few more:
Here is a close-up and this big ol' one is like a dinner plate!


Now as promised, here is a quick photo tutorial on how I made the smaller scallop rosette as shown on the left. Also shown here on my 'spooky' tree.

1. Punch two 2 3/8" scallop circles (118874) with your choice of DSP (CS doesn't work, too thick)

2. Score end-to-end in between every scallop (do this to both)

3. Using paper snips, cut on the score line to the center (do this to both)

4. Fan fold (mountain/valley) each score line (do this to both, but be sure to start your fold opposite the first one)

5. Adhere the two scallops as shown (I prefer to use to Tombo 110755)

6. Hot glue gun time (yay!) punch out a smaller circle I used a 1 1/4" circle punch (119861) and adhere to the back, then decorate as desired.

Voila~

Now...details on this 'boot'iful witch boot, here is a close-up:
My husband and I joined a bowling league this year and our team name is 'Gutterfingers' and since we are in last place...you get the idea as to why we named ourselves it.

So..inside are Butterfingers...I should punch out the letter 'G' and cover the 'B'

This witch boot was made with the Bog Shot and the Holiday Stocking Bigz L die (124098). I watched Tami White's tutorial here on how to make the boot. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Take care and have a great day!!
Stampin' hugs,
Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
stampingwitherin@yahoo.com


No comments:

Blogging tips