Tuesday, September 25, 2012

CC394 Color Challenge 'Take-Two'

Ch-ch-ch-chilly!! What a beautiful fall morning!!! Yesterday I noticed the leaves are beginning to change here in Virginia...so pretty!

I should start counting the days that it takes me to turn the heat on in my house! (I believe that this is Day 2). It seems weird that I look forward to heading down into the basement to not only stamp...but to get warm!! I plug in my space heater at my stampin' desk (Shhhhh!).
The blinds/curtains everywhere in the house are pulled open to let the sunshine in...I know it will warm up a bit later, but wowsers...I'm sitting here drinking my coffee...which is making me mad (my cup keeps getting cold!) wearing a big ol' hoodie, sweatpants and big fluffy socks..feeling sexy!

The first thing I did this morning was check my e-mail, went to Facebook...then to www.splitcoaststampers.com to see what this weeks Color Challenge is~

These are so fun, if you have not yet tried one (any challenge) I highly recommend it. It is inspirational..get's the juices flowing. I think the coolest part is seeing what everyone else makes using the same guidelines...they are ALL different!

This week you for the CC394 Color Combination was to use Pacific Point, Not Quite Navy and Sahara Sand. I knew immediatly that I was going to use the Lovely As a Tree stamp set.

This set has been around for awhile and I still love it~

Here is my 1st card:

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Lovely As a Tree (127793 C)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Pacific Point and Vellum
Ink: Basic Black, Pacific Point
Access: Big Shot (113439), Adorning Accents Edgelits (125595), Adorning Accents folders (125601), stamping sponges (101610), 2-way glue pen (100425), metallic brads (119741), dazzling diamonds glitter (102023)

To be honest..I hate it~ I had a really tough time with these colors...guess that's why they call it a 'Challenge' . I knew I wanted to use vellum and make a mirror image of th trees..that part I was okay with. Then I started adding the Dazzling Diamonds glitter here and there along the branches and thought "Hmmmm...what about making a more defined pond. I used the Adorning Accents folder and it's really cool to use on vellum because it turns it white. Added some more glitter along that edge and sponged the water with the Pacific Point ink, hard to tell from the photo but I have attached the vellum to Sahara Sand CS and below I have a matching cut piece of Pacific Point...so I did use all the colors..just not happy with how it turned out~ so back to the drawing board.

Wait for it....

I then made this one~

Now...this one is pretty cool and the the kids LOVE it..(smile).
Here is a close-up:
Inside:


This technique is called 'Acetate and Tissue'...click here for a tutorial on SCS. I was sitting at my desk and the acetate sheet was staring at me from making the 'mirror image' on the first card....so I used it...sometimes your scraps are very useful!! The re-inker colors I used were Pacific Point and Not Quite Navy (guess you figured that!). When I flipped it over though..you really couldn't see the 'black' trees anymore so I re-stamped them using a sponge dauber and Platinum Shimmer paint.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Lovely As a Tree (127793 C), Curly Cute (120510 C)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Sahara Sand and acetate
Ink: Basic Black, Pacific Point re-inker, Not Quite Navy re-inker
Access: tissue paper, platinum shimmer paint (116807), frost white shimmer mist (116854), dazzling diamonds glitter (102023), Big Shot (113439), Apothecary Accents framelits (127003), vintage wallpaper embossing folder (120175), metallic brads (119741)

So all in all it was fun~ thanks to SCS for a great Color Challenge..it was a success! I made a HUGE mess, stained my fingers blue and I am positive there is glitter on my face, hair and who knows where else!! This girl can't wait to do it again next week!!

Stampin' hugs,
Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com

No comments:

Blogging tips