Monday, September 3, 2012

Bring on the Fall season & 'Gratitude'

Happy Labor Day!! Today is bittersweet, as it means the end of summer...but the beginning of football!! I am not a HUGE football fanatic but I am from New England~ favor the Patriots and Tom Brady is my secret boyfriend (shhhhh!). What I do get excited about when Fall arrives...are the holidays, the warm colors the season brings and you must not leave out the FOOD!!

This upcoming Friday I am hosting a Stamp Camp here at my home and I will be teaching a 'honeycomb' technique using the Full Heart punch (119883) that I saw over on Lydia's blog www.understandblue.blogspot.com click here for her tutorial. Here is the card that we will be making:
Notice...the leaf?? Oopsy~ I noticed that when I uploaded my photo the text was upside down...who cares!! I will be making another one of these to go along with a teacher gift for my son's teacher...you can never have enough hand sanitizer...an apple a day keeps the doctor away!
(Found at Bath & BodyWorks)


Supplies:
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler
Access: Full Heart Punch (119883), Bird Builder punch (117191), First Edition DSP (121878), stamping sponges (101610), Vintage Trinkets (118764)

I loved this technique so much that I thought the heart could also make a cute pumpkin?? I tried and didn't like it...off in the garbage it went. Then I asked the hubby his opinion and voila~
 
Here I used the Extra-Large Oval punch (119859)..same leaf and stem from the Bird Builder..AND I placed the leaf correctly (yay!). This one was sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink (duh!)
I added some newbies for this one, the textured background on the Old Olive CS is the new embossing folder Lacy Brocade (127819) LOVE it!! It is found on pg.6 in the Holiday Mini catty. I also used the fun Scallop Tulle ribbon in Crumb Cake (127840)...this I am ORDERING LOADS of...I can't express how many uses I have for all three colors of ribbon (pg.4). I just wrapped it around the Very Vanilla CS and tied with linen thread. Added a tag stamped with Old Olive and an image from Tiny Tags (118592 C).  I punched it out along with an Early Espresso CS piece with the Small Oval punch (120908). It's attached with a safety pin from the Vintage Trinkets (118764). Roughed up the edges a bit...sponged them a teeny bit...then added the shimmer (everything looks better with shimmer!!).
Here is the inside:
See what I mean?? It's so elegant in real life...the flash on the camera picked up the shimmer quite a bit. This sentiment is from Day of Gratitude (121148).

That's it for now...making other goodies, dinner then getting the kids ready for bed...off to school again tomorrow. It's weird that they went back for such a short week lastweek. They get another short one this week...I suppose it's nice to break em' in easy! No homework yet...!
Stampin' hugs,
Erin
Shop online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net


2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

OMG Erin I love your pumpkin!! Totally stealing! :)

That apple soap dispenser is adorable - I need to see if my store has them!!

Thank you so much for linking to my tutorial - I really appreciate it and thank you for the pumpkin idea!!

Erin said...

Thanks Lydia!! Who knows what other 'produce' shapes we can come up with ! Take care, I really loved the apple (your glittery one too!!)

Blogging tips