Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sunfowers + Etching Cream= AMAZEMENT!

Don't you just LOVE sunflowers?? This time of the year can be just breathtaking~ the leaves here have not begun their transformation...but soon! Other fall colors are beginning to emerge and I love it! Yesterday we had a icky day..heavy rain began overnight and it lasted throughout the day (what a nasty feeling!) I was thankful that I had nowhere to go...just sat in my P.J.'s and stamped!

I did try to make some bread (as I noted in my previous post)...FAIL! I will try again with a different recipe but that won't be until tomorrow. I am expecting my Aunt and Uncle later today and the plan is to order out (that's easy!!)

So today...the sun is shining~ Ahhhhh! my oldest girl Cinder (my weimaraner who is 12 1/2 years old) is basking in the sunlight...as it shines through different windows of the house she follows it..smart girl! I ventured out today to Costco..who always seem to carry BEAUTIFUL sunflowers...needed them for a friend of mine who has been in the hospital since Sunday with MRSA...I know scary!! She is doing much better know, and we are all hoping she continues to make a speedy recovery...I made her this card:

Here is a close-up:


I wrapped the linen thread around the bottom a couple of times then used a tiny sliver of More Mustard CS to secure it and curled the ends.

Inside: (I know...boring~ but that's where I will write my 'Get Well Wishes')

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Loving Thoughts (125845 C), Sunflower (123608 C)
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Whisper White, More Mustard, Island Indigo
Ink: Early Espresso, Island Indigo, More Mustard Marker
Access: linen thread (104199), Naturals Designer Buttons (127554), Color Spritzer tool (107066), Log Cabin Smooch Spritz (retired)

Inspired by this card here:

the one above is made by Diane Sisneros (another SU! Demonstrator and it's just stunning!! (Thanks Diane! )

I thought I would try something' new' for the vase I bought...glass etching?? Have you tried it?? It's AMAZING and I can see how this will become another addiction...man this girl needs help!!

I bought the etching cream from our local craft store and used contact paper along with the Sizzix Big Shot to create my letter 'R'. I used Stampin' Up!'s retired Serif Essentials die. Let me know if you are curious about trying it out yourself...I am happy to make a video tutorial!! Just leave me a comment!

Again let me know if you have any questions, hope you all have a very 'sunny' day!!
-Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com

No comments:

Blogging tips