Sunday, September 16, 2012

Founder's Circle Elegant Bird 'CASE'

I feel like I have been on vacation~ the last few days have been HORRIBLE....not the kind of vacation anyone would want to take!! I have felt so nasty...that I have remained mostly in bed since Thursday! It took everything in me to try go out Friday evening (mind over matter) I kept telling myself that I was okay...will be even better the next day...but all I wanted to do was stay in bed and watch sappy movies. I did however get a few things accomplished; cleaned my room/bathroom, caught up on the laundry, cleaned the kids bathroom, straightened up in my closet (this girl has some shoes!!).
Even though there are a few times when it's nice to stay in bed and relax. I always feel so guilty and lazy when I do! I should have done some reading...'50 Shades of Gray' anyone?? My girlfriend Mary lent me her copy and I have only read about half...I think I like it...still unsure. It's definetly a different kind of read!
Today I am feeling much better..YAY!! I wanted to share with you my latest creation/CASE from none other than Shelli Gardner...CEO & cofounder of Stampin' Up!. While I was stuck in bed I perused websites and blogs of other demonstrators and I loved seeing/reading their posts about adventures from Founder's Circle. Stampin' Up's Founder's Circle recognizes the top demonstrators in the US and Canada and awards them with fun filled days of treats, relaxation, inspiration and much more! Here is a photo of one of the 'pillow' gifts...left with a card made by Shelli.

I LOVE the use of the 'leaf' as the wing...very shabby chic!
So here is my re-creation:


I added a basic pearl to his eye and sprizted it with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772).
Here is a close-up:


Supplies:
Stamp Set: Gently Falling (123804 C), Loving Thoughts (125845 C)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, So Saffron
Ink: Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron
Access: linen thread (104199), 2-way glue pen (100425), basic pearls (119247), stamping sponges (101610), Big Shot (113439), Elegant Bird Bigz die (125593), soft suede marker, color spritzer tool (107066)

I also made a coordinating tag for a bottle of 'bubbly' (champagne or bath). Or a bottle of vino~ as shown here where I have added a small strand of white lights. I think the addition of the leaf celebrates the season of thanks...this would make a very 'thoughtful' hostess gift.
Additional supplies for the tag:
Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (120175), antique brads (117273)

Now here is one more amazing creation...again done with the same die...you already know that I LOVE me some crows~ check this out:


I was considering trying to make this little guy into one~ wondered just how it would look. I think it's AMAZING!! It was part of a Halloween banner that I saw posted on Stampin' By The Sea's facebook wall.

Please let me know if you have any questions!!
Shop online at my store 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s) for the supplies mentioned and create your own piece of art!
Take care,
Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips