Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Color Challenge CC393, Lucky Primrose Pirouettes

Yay~ it's Tuesday!! I know an 'odd' day to get excited about, but my latest addiction has been the Color Challenge's at www.splitcoaststampers.com . This morning I poured my coffee and sat down to check it out...'lucky' for you it means you get another Christmas card!

This week's Challenge is to use the following colors: Lucky Limeade, Primrose Petals and Pink Pirouette~ traditional 'pink' & 'green' are HUGE here in Winchester, Va. Every year we celebrate Apple Blossom aka 'The Bloom' and throughout our town is a Pink and Green explosion! The parades, fireworks, carnival, circus and TONS of events..even celebrities (last year we had cutey-pa-tutey Mario Lopez!)

So anyway...the pink and green theme should have been easy for me BUT I don't normally think of 'winter'...it makes me think 'spring'~ hence the challenge!! Not only is it colors...but it's associated along with a theme.
Here is what I came up with:


Supplies:
Stamps: More Merry Messages (126402 C)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette, Lucky Limeade, Primrose Petals and Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP (126901)
Ink: Whisper White Craft pad (101731), Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade
Access: Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772), 3/4" circle punch (119873), linen thread (104199), Big Shot (113439), Northern Flurry embossing folder (120902), Vintage Faceted Designer buttons (127555), Snow Flurry Bigz die (127813), stamping sponges (101610), Champagne Glimmer paper (127885)

Here is  close-up:


Tip: See the staple?? Well...I didn't want  a 'silver' one (that wouldn't match!) So...after a failed attempt of coloring the staples with ink and trying to heat set the ink...I noticed that the longer I held the heat tool over the staple (really closely) it started to burn (me likey!!) So I grabbed a new wad of staples and burned them...less inky mess and it's perfect!! BTW...use tweezers or another tool to hold your staples....they are gonna get HOT!

Here is the inside:


If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!! Be sure to check back for next week's Challenge too!! Want to play along?? Check it out at the site mentioned above, or click here.
Since I am feeling pretty domesticated today I am going to take a stab at making homemade bread...if it works I'll share the recipe in tomorrow's post~ wish me luck!!
Happy Stampin' (and bread makin'!)
-Erin

Shop online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com

No comments:

Blogging tips