Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday's Christmas Card Week 1

Today and every Monday until we get closer to Christmas I will be sharing with you my 'Monday Christmas Card'...Here is today's:

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Evergreen (127973 C), Tiny Tags (118592 C), More Merry Messages (126402 C)
Card Stock: Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Champagne Glimmer Paper (127885)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, Versamark,
Access: color spritzer tool (107066), crumb cake marker, heat tool (129053), Vanilla scented embossing powder (125590), stamping sponges (101610), vintage trinkets (118764), jewelry tag punch (117190), sticky strip (104294), crochet trim (118481), 1/16" handheld punch (101227),
Here is a close-up:
and the inside:


While coming up with the idea on what I was going to make...I began singing the song 'Silent Night' and thought about the 'Music Notes' wheel....it would be perfect!  Well...after I looked it up in the catalog, I  then jumped on the site to order the wheel and thought...'wait'... "Maybe I already own it"~ Well...guess what?? I do!!! YAY!! Don't you love it when that happens?? (smile)
I also LOVED how the two stamp sets Tiny Tags and the sentiment used from More Merry Messages were so alike check out the dots...(sigh)! Thanks Stampin' Up! for making us OCD freaks smile (LOL)!

Christmas cards were originally the reason I started stamping, I have always liked the thought of sending out annual cards to keep loved ones in the loop~ perhaps 'shock' them with a family photo to showcase just how big the kids have grown, but since I began stamping and became a demonstrator I noticed that over the years I sent less and less out and last year because I was working...I didn't send out any!!! My time devoted to stamping was swallowed up~ Do you want to know the really sad part?? I even made them!!! The days that I did dedicate to stamping tickled me to death, I was SO happy!!
Here is one that I made:

Here is how it opens:

Who would do that you ask?? Make and not send it out?? Me~ I know I am a freak...quite honestly I said to myself..."Who is worthy??" I had only made a few of these...and a handful of others. What if I didn't make enough to send to all that I needed?? What about the cards that would come at last minute? Now being faced with a return address...would I have the time to make them a hand-made beautiful creation?? Ahhh~ So....I panicked and packed them all away in a box...and had decided last year that I would not send out ANY!! At times I think I hear them crying!! (frown)

I ended up making several others, prepared different designs for Workshops and Stamp Camps, but when it came down to 'me' actually needing a card to send...I didn't have one! Sure in reality I had hundreds...(seriously that many!) But I felt that if I needed a card I needed to make a 'freash' one~ a new design...something that I hadn't seen before.
Here was another card that I made a dozen or so of:
I know now that this stamp is retired,but you could use this for inspiration. Swap it out with a current image. I must really still like the look with the 'safety pin' & tag, since I used it again about a year later with today's post!!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I am looking forward to tomorrow's post about the Color Challenge at www.splitcoaststampers.com See ya then!! Have a great night!! Don't let the bed bugs bite....EEWWWW!!! Maybe I shouldn't even say/write that~ sweet dreams!
Stampin' hugs,
Erin
Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
stampingwitherin@yahoo.com



No comments:

Blogging tips