Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday's Christmas Card Week 2

Happy Monday!! This morning was chilly..I didn't want to get out from under the covers!! I almost poured another cup of coffee just to warm my hands!! It's too early to turn the heat on right?? Fall is definitely in the air so I first want to share with you a 'fall' themed project.

I have been picture crazy over the last few months...it all started when I purchased some frames that I liked. Well...that led to painting the walls a fresh coat of paint...then finding the right photos for the frames. I have this one frame in the basement that was given to me over a year ago that has even been hung on the wall...but still has that 'generic' family smiling back at me! I feel like maybe I should name them and officially 'welcome' them to the family!!

But you know when you need to have just the right photo?? Well...I printed a TON to choose from and most have now been filled. This is one I had I left over of my oldest son Tyler. He is now 17 and a senior this year...AAAHHH! (This photos was taken 4 years ago)


Here is what I have created with it:
It started off as a 5x7 with a border, I trimmed it down to fit a 5x7 mat of Night of Navy CS and added it to a 8x8 scrapbook page. Then placed it here:

I found the scrapbook stand at my local craft store, it holds 8x8 pages. Love it!!!

Supplies:
Stamp Set: French Foliage (121166 C)
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Sahara Sand and First Edition Specialty DSP
Ink: Sahara Sand, Eary Espresso, More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede Marker
Access: Big Shot (113439), Leaves #2 (retired), Woodgrain embossing folder (127821), linen thread (104199), Denim Jean ribbon (125053), color sprizter tool (107066), Naturals Designer buttons (127554), dimensionals (104430) and a stick (lol)

Now~ for 'Week 2 of my Monday Christmas Card's'
Here is what I made:
I took this photo, then realized it's a wee bit blurry...oopsy!
Here is a close-up:
This is a better view, easier to see in this photo that after I applied the postage stamp squares, I embossed the card with the Northern Flurry embossing folder (120902). This is a very simple card, easy to replicate and make LOTS of...Christmas cards anyone??
Inside:
Supplies:
Stamp Set: More Merry Messages (126402 C)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP (126901)
Ink: Early Espresso
Access: linen thread (104199), 5/8" crochet trim (118481), Naturals Designer buttons (127554), Riding Hood Red 3/8" taffeta ribbon (122988), Big Shot (113439), Northern Flurry embossing folder (120902), Postage Stamp punch (122344), Frost White Shimmer paint (spritzed with rubbing alcohol) (116854), sticky strip (104294)

Tomorrow I wil post my Color Challenge from SCS...can't wait!!
Have a great day!
Stampin' hugs,
Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com

No comments:

Blogging tips