Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Monday's Christmas Card Week 3 & Hope Card

UPDATE: This is acutally Tuesday 10/2/12...could not finish posting it because I strained my neck :(
I am on some muscle relaxers...and will post again later today...that should be interesting!!

[Monday's post: 10/01/12]
What a weekend!! Most people dread Monday..I was looking forward to it!!  Some relaxation, no plans..the kids being away at school during the day. I can start my Friday all over again; clean the house, do laundry and run errands!!

'Hope' you all had a great weekend and happy Oct. 1st!! I mentioned in an earlier post that during this month I would focus on the fact that it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My first card to share with you is one that I made yesterday and I love how it turned out~


Here is how I made the background (after a few different attempts).
I knew I wanted to use Melon Mambo ink refill...and white glossy CS.  I had a piece that measured about 5x7 and using a spray bottle filled with water I sprayed it all over. There were a few places that the water pooled and that's okay. Then I used an aqua painter pen and some of the refill ink and 'smeared' the ink all over.


On this sample I just dropped the refill ink drops directly onto the CS. The ink follows the little water rivers..and made a really cool effect. I will use this piece for another project.

It looked like both of my samples were going to take a LONG time to dry...and that was 'no bueno' for this impatient girl! So I used the heat tool to dry it and the air from gun made the ink and water run in all sorts of different directions. I'm sure that everytime you try it...each one will be unique.

Give it a try for yourself...not sure if this is even a so-called 'technique'. But it was pretty neat!

When the CS was dry, I stamped the flower image from in Basic Gray and wished I had done it in Basic Black...you could see it..just not was well as I had hoped. So...I grabbed my new favorite ink pad...the Illuminate Watermark Stampin' pad? (pg. 23 in the Holiday Catalog.) I didn't even know this baby existed!! I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure the image matched and restamped...now it looks almost embossed....and so pretty!! Cut it out with the framelit and finished my card!!
Voila~
Here is the inside:

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Blooming with Kindness (126422 C)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, Glossy White
Ink: Basic Gray, Illuminate Watermark Glimmer pad (126857)
Access: Vintage Faceted buttons (127555), linen thread (104199), Basic Gray taffeta ribbon (retired), sticky strip (104294), Silver Foil Smooch Spritz (118771), Glue Dots (103683), Big Shot (113439), Labels Collection framelits 9125598), Lacy Brocade embossing folder (127819), aqua painters (103954), heat tool (129053)


Now for Week 3 of my Christmas Cards:


This card was inspired by the cute card on pg. 23 in the 2012-2013 Idea Book & Catalog. Look in the top left corner with the polar bear~ I loved the bottom how it represents 'snow' so I gave it a try.
Inside:


Supplies:
Stamp Set: Evergreen (127973 C), Christmas Lodge (123769 C)
Card Stock: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Versamark
Access: Pewter embossing powder (124114), heat tool (129053), Vintage Faceted buttons (127555), linen thread (104199), glue dots (103683), Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon (122331), Big Shot (113439), Addorning Accents folders (125601), Addorning Accents edgelits (125595), Apothecary Accents framelits (127003), Champagne Mist Shimmer paint (116806)

Tomorrow I will be back with my 'Color Challenge' card and video for the pop-up owl card shown here. Have a great day and go stamp something...anything...even if it's the dog!! (LOL)

-Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com

No comments:

Blogging tips