Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wowsers...what a week!

Okay...were you worried about me? Where have I been or what happened to my promise of posting?? Sometimes I really wonder where the time goes! So...even though it's a BEAUTIFUL day out there, I am in the basement stamping and working on a few other things. Can you blame me?? The A/C is not on...it's 90 degrees outside and so nice and cool down here! When you walk upstairs it's like walking into a sauna! Maybe I'll sleep down here too! Well...just wanted to share with you a terrific blog I came across: http://www.eatsleepstamp.com/ . I made these boxes after seeing them on her sight.. they kind of remind me of the new Sizzix Matchbox Die (114890) from the Occasions Mini Catalog. So while making them I was saying over an over in my head "Momma had a baby and her head popped off!" Do you remember that? Finding and collecting all the dandelions in the yard...or bringing them in to your mommy so she could put those darn 'weeds' in a nice little vase? Okay...did that make any sense? I was thinking that I would make a mini-version (using the Matchbox die) with the same paper and butterfly...post a picture of them side by side and..that's where the song/saying came from. Maybe the Weed-N-Feed is getting to me! On to the deets of the picture:
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Basic Gray, Walk in the Park DSP (115123), window sheets (114323)
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Top Note Bigz Die, Sticky Pages, Pink Duo beads, white organza ribbon, glue dots
I love the Sticky Pages (114300) they were so easy to use...I knew I wanted to use the beads, so first attempt was vellum cardstock which I embossed with Heat & Stick powder (not a personal fave) and then applied the beads...it was okay. So like 'Winnie the Pooh' I said 'think... think ...think' and I tried the same vellum but ran through my Zyron machine...which then made me realize...DUH!! Our sticky sheets...I bought them awhile ago and forgot all about them! Voila~so easy! The inside of the box has a sheet of the Walk in the Park DSP and the drawer slides out to reveal a mini-manicure set. Hope you all have a great day! ~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips