Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's a bird! It's a plane...no it's a bat!!

I first saw this bat here on Shelli's blog~ she had demo'ed it at a recent Regional event and it immediatly went into my fav's.

I finally got around to making them...honestly I was thinking that they were going to be a bit difficult...NOT!!

Using the Big Shot with the Petal Cone die (121810) and the Perfect Pennants die (123126) made it a breeze...so I made a couple of them and hung them on a branch that I spray painted black. It's hung with some fishing line on my curtain rod~ began thinking that it might be something I keep up through the holidays...picture a white branch with cute little handmade ornaments!! Right now they are empty but I plan on adding some sweet little treats as a Halloween gift to our neigbors.
If you don't have a Big Shot yet....there seriously has never been a better time to join Stampin' Up!...until October 31st...you can earn one FREE!!! Just click the promotional flyer on the right for more info.


This card shown was featured in a previous post...but since it wanted to be on our piano...and it didn't want to be lonely I made it a friend by covering a battery operated candle with matching Frightful Sight DSP (122351) and voila!! Here is a close-up:







Here is a banner that I made in about 10 minutes or less...seriously!! I used the same Frightful Sight DSP and the Perfect Pennants die (123126). Punched out letters with the Serif Essentials Alphabet die (113464).

The other side says 'WICKED'.....because I love witches and these little witch legs in my dining room are the cutest!!









Here I have covered three of our Decor Blocks (116829) in Pick Your Poison DSP (124001). The blocks are shown on pg. 181 in the Idea Book & Catalog. These were totally an inspiration from another demonstrator Donna Hill (thanks Donna!!). You get 4 smooth, MDF natural wood 3" blocks per package for only $9.95. I love these little guys...you could decorate them for all 4 seasons and turn them as needed or stack em'...B-A-B-Y would be cute for a baby shower...the possibilities are endless!!
I also just covered the candles with the same DSP...easy peasy!!
Here is a close-up:

I had mentioned that I had a 'really' cool Halloween card to share with you?? Well...don't worry...it's coming. I am actually in the process of making a video to show how it works...stay tuned!!

Here is one cute and simple idea for a quick treat~ 

I used our new Cellophane Bags (124134), some candy corn and made a tag. Then I just stuck it onto printed Whisper White CS with some glue dots.
Check out this site for lots of cute 'poop' poems..below is the one I used.
Pumkin Poop
I started to carve a pumpkin
With my carving knife and scoop,
But the pumpkin got so scared
That he took a little poop!
It looked so cute and funny
Just like a candy treat,
So I'm sharing it with you now
Because you are so sweet!

I think that might be it for Halloween decorations and ideas...need to get started on some Fall/Winter goodies~ Christmas will be here before you know it..isn't that crazy??

Do you all make your own cards for the holidays?? Leave a comment and let me know what are your traditions...past and present. In the last few years I have not mailed out any hand-made cards (I know...terrible huh??) One year I made about 50 or so and never even mailed them!!
Not the case this year...I have recently found my 'Stampin' Mojo' and the fingers are constantly inky!!

So stay tuned for continued inspiration and let me know if you have any questions!!
Happy Stampin'
~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips