Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apples, Leaves and Cajun Chicken pasta~ read on!!

So the other day I was in a mood to cook up somthin' good...where did I turn?? I ended up online checking out one of my favorites sites: the pioneer woman...ever heard of her?? If not..then I suggest you check it out now...well maybe after you enjoy reading this post. 

This is what I made~ YUM!!


It's called Cajun Chicken Pasta and my friends~ it was SO good!! Posting this picture is making me drool!
I seriously think that everything she makes is out of this world and well worth the mess in the kitchen!
The rules around here are: If you cook...you don't clean!!

Okay now on to some stampin'~ it's why your here right??

I promised some Halloween goodies and first and foremost..I don't want to disapoint anyone~

Here is our Simply Adorned jewelry...pg. 200 in the Idea Book & Catalog...at my next Stamp Camp we be making a total of 5 charm inserts for the 1"x 1 1/4" charm. I wanted to showcase how easy it is to change up the charms for any season or holiday..so here's Halloween's example (I'll post the others in a later post).
Here is the back:
I used the 24" chain (116800) and rectangle charm (116798) along with one of the trinket keys from a set of 4 (121892) and a black crystal bauble (121011).
Here is the bracelet:

The inserts were stamped and I LOVE how our new Pewter embossing powder (124114) matches PERFECTLY!!
Here is the other side of the bracelet:
Please note: If you have a nickel allergy these are a no go~ sorry!! However...these embellishments look GREAT on cards and other crafts!!
Please let me know if you have additional questions on the Simply Adorned collection.

Now on to more goodies..

It's fall right?? So do you think of Apples and Leaves?? Me too!!

This card features my newest favorite stamp set called Countryside(116998 W, 120495 C) this is a GREAT set for when you are needing more 'manly' cards. I came across so many great creations on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ but this is the card that I decided on for my inspiration...I needed one that didn't involve too much coloring because yup it's a Stamp Camp card...so the highlights on the truck were easy...Poppy Parade marker (119801) for the apples (these markers are a set of 5 for the 2010-2012 In Color Markers) and some white chalk (Stampin' Pastels 120962)~ LOVE IT!!
Card Details
Stamp Set: Countryside (116998 W, 120495 C),Woodgrain Background (117100 W), Tiny Tags (
Card Stock: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Poppy Parade
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers (Poppy Parade and Early Espresso), Stampin' Pastels (120962), Jewelry Tag punch (117190), Vintage Trinkets (118764), Frost White Shimmer Paint (116854), Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon (119959), Color Spritzer tool (107066)


This next card came to me so quickly...don't you love it when that happens?? I have been off work the past four days  and the ideas and have been flowin'..what do they call it?? Stampin' Mojo??
Again a great 'man' card if needed, but I don't know...it's pretty too!! The insides of both cards I have left blank because I don't know which sentiment I want to use yet...but they will probably both use stamps from Curly and Cute (117014 W, 120510 C).  This is the first time I have used this denim ribbon...where has it been all my life?? Oh yeah~my stampin' closet!! I love it~ it really does look and feel like blue jeans!!
Here is a close-up:
I knew that I wanted to use a stick...plane and simple a stick...so I ventured outside in the rain and stood under a big ol' Oak tree to look for some small dry twigs...I quickly learned I was under attack..squirrels in the tree were dropping acorns all over the place!!
Now check this out...
'BABY' acorns...aren't these the cutest things you have ever seen?? My mind is now racing on what crafty thing I can do with these little guys!!

Card Details
Stamp Set: French Foliage (120845 W, 121166 C)
Card Stock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze
Ink: Soft Suede,  Versamark pad (102283)
Accessories: sponges (101610), blue denim jean ribbon (125053), mini vintage tags (118763), heat tool (100005), pewter embossing powder (124114), champagne mist shimmer paint (116806) and a twig!
That's it for today, thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Stampin'
~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips