Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Shame shame...everyone knows my name!! Looking back at my last post I am not really sure where exactly to begin...sheesh!!Bats??? Halloween?? Where has the time gone??
Obviously we are now into the new year...welcome 2012!!
Happy New Year to you all!!

Obviously there were a couple of holidays in there that seem as though I passed right over~ trust me I didn't...like many of you I fought the crowds shopping....spent way more $$ than I should have (smile)...baked-baked and baked some more~ yes John did help (o.k. he probably cooked more than I did) and in addition I caught the lovely 'common' cold. In a nutshell that is about it, I did enjoy a wonderful visit with my mother (she is living in Tuscon, AZ). Spent some time with my brother, his wife Karolina and their BEAUTIFUL cute little monster Kaia...my niece is about to turn 2 and I assisted in giving her a bath~ it was SO much fun!! I miss the kids (mine) when they were that age, they grow so quickly it's hard to believe...my 'baby' just turned 10!! His birthday was in December too...so there is another holiday that occurred since my last post...this girl has been BUSY!!

Since I feel guilty about not sharing some recent projects here are just a few...I know that the holidays have past...but maybe they will inspire you for next season..or change out the theme to make it apply to what you need!
This first beauty is a 5x7 frame that I made (without the glass). I picked up the frame at Hobby Lobby...OMG...I had heard of this store...but where I live there weren't any stores...guess what???
We have one now here in Winchester and it's GRAND!!


RecipeStamp Set: Pines & Poinsettias (123762 W, 123764 C) and Comfort & Joy (124175 W, 120753 C)
Card Stock: Cherry Cobler, Very Vanilla, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP (124004), First Edition Specialty DSP (121878)
Ink: Cherry Cobler, Early Espresso
Accessories: Chantilly Crochet Trim (118480),  linen thread, Regals buttons, Scallop Trim Border punch (118402), 2 3/8" scallop circle punch (118874), champagne mist shimmer paint (116806), vintage trinkets (118764), large tag punch (119876) and Simply Scored (122334)

I LOVE making these little ol' lollies...with our new Simply Scored tool..it's EASY!!


This past Convention I joined a 12x12 Calendar swap. The way it worked out was great~ in a group of 12, each participant chooses a month and designs (2) 12x12 pages that 'resemble' that month. Here was what I received from another Stampin' Up! Demonstrator~ Wendy Halverson...it's beautiful!!

It inspired me along with art work that was shown in a recent Stampin' Success (a publication for SU! demo's).  I told you it's a BEAUTY!!

Here is the month I created for January: 

Hard to tell from the photo but on the Marina Mist 12x12 piece there are sponged snowflakes in Marina Mist ink that were created from the negative image of the Sizzix Snowflake #2 die (113460). Embossed snowflakes from the Northern Flurry embossing folder (120902) on the Poppy Parade CS. I used the stamp set Season of Friendship (111776 W). The bird and tree were stamped onto Whisper White CS covered with a piece of vellum CS. On the vellum I stamped/embossed snowflake with Dazzling Diamonds EP. It's so much prettier IRL (in real life) because I sprayed Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772) ALL over!!

All of the months received were awesome, makes a great gift as a completed scrapbook!!



Here is the Christmas card that I made, different layout and I like the way it came out...pretty easy to mass produce and since the card base is one layer it doesn't use a ton of CS.

Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Christmas Lodge (123767 W, 123769 C)
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, vellum CS and Frostwood Lodge DSP (124002)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: silver brads, chocolate chip taffeta
 ribbon and Silver Foil Smooch Spritz (118771)
Here is a view of how it opens:




Now on to the New Year~ and of course the Occasions Mini Catalog click the link to view the catalog online and let me know if you would like me to mail you an actual copy of the catalog. There are TONS of goodies inside..from new fabric with coordinating accessories (oh so pretty!) to AMAZING dies for the Big Shot...just wait until you see for yourself!! I have already placed my order...the box has arrived and this weekend I'm diggin' in!! So stay tuned!!

Remember that this year's Stampin' Up! HUGE promotion 'Sale-a-Bration' begins soon (January 24th!!!) Call me today to reserve a date for your Workshop with friends & family, where you the hostess earns FREE product and your guests can too!!
Until next time~ happy stampin'!
~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips