Thursday, October 6, 2011

'Boo'!! Did I scare you??



Here is what is hanging above my stampin' desk~ totally inspired by Kimberly's beautiful creation shown here...mine is nowhere close to her beauty but it makes me smile!! I love this DSP called Frightful Sight(122351). I think I have gone through two packs already...the colors are just awesome for Halloween and the polka dotted background pages can be used for so many things besides Halloween.

Here is a close-up of what I did to two of the spiders...
did you notice that this little guy only has 6 legs?? I think that may have been an oversight~ he still looks like a creepy little spider!! I took a small piece of our White Baker's Twine (124262) and un-twisted it to get just one string. Poked a hole in the CS and taped it from the back. It's also secured under the CS at the top to make it look like he's just hangin' around.

Using the same DSP I made a Halloween card too. I also grabbed some of the sparkly Glimmer Paper (124005) in silver~ this paper is BEAUTIFUL!!!

The card base is Cajun Craze CS, embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (117335). Added some Basic Black 5/8" satin ribbon (117285). I embossed the greeting using the Scaredy Cat stamp set (122555 W, 122557 C) with Basic Black Craft ink (102192) and clear embossing powder (109130)...stamped it again onto Whisper White CS, cut the little ghost out and stuck him on with a dimensional (104430).



Here is a close-up of the little ghost~
Lastly, here is a cute little 3-D item for you.

Inside the witch's hat is a small Reeses cup. This idea came from Wendy (I think like 3 years ago!!). I tweaked mine just a bit~ but you'll get the idea. The bottom of mine uses the 2 1/2" circle punch (120906).

The Halloween card, witch hat and the 'Give Thanks' Diorama card in this post are the goodies that were created for my last Stamp Camp. Over the weekend I will be posting some more Halloween goodies including 3-D treats, home decor and a really cool Halloween card!! Stay tuned!!

Have a great day!
~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips