Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Remind you of something??

It's basically the wreath from the cover of the Holiday Mini-Catalog!! So...in an earlier post I had mentioned that fabric was SO not my friend...seriously I am not joking!! So I really can't believe that I made this!! I had tons of help from my friend and downline Anne (thanks Anne!!). She made one using the Candy Cane Christmas fabric (121715). This one uses our Deck the Halls fabric (121716) it just matched my home decor so much more...and it is now hung in my newly painted bathroom in our basement~ LOVE IT!! It will be there to stay forever and ever!! Here is a close up of the flower embellishments:
Instructions on how to make this wreath and a bunch more cute projects come with the fabric so make sure you hang on to your instruction sheet. Now...I can normally follow instructions but I have to admit that in making the yo-yo flowers I had some difficulty...but it was probably just that I wanted it to be PERFECT and I am new at sewing...so I ended up going to YouTube and searched several 'how-to' videos and wound up ordering a a product called the Yo-Yo Maker made by Clover~ Sew easy !! I know I will be ordering some more sizes and shapes in the future because Stampin' Up! will have more fabric coming in the next catalogs....Shhhhh!!! Isn't that excited??? Just wait until you see the next Occasions Mini Catalog...its going to 'freak your freak out'!
Speaking of fabric...here is a cute little card I made using a scrap piece I had laying around...and I didn't even need to sew it!! All I did was placed a strip of sticky strip and stuck the fabric on scrunching it up as I went along. Now the card I took a picture of at an angle to show how it was scored: start with a standard card 4 1/4" x 11". Fold in half as you normally would, then score a 1/4" up from that center fold and down a 1/4" from the center. Mountain/Valley fold to create a gap in your card to hold a little treat:
The greeting inside is one of our personalized stamps: I love these because if there is a saying you love or a special nickname for a loved one...you can have Stampin' Up! design what you want!! The candy I just attached with two glue dots.
Remaining card details:
Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
Stamp Set: Tags Till Christmas (120847 W) (121169 C)
Access: Decorative Label punch (120907)Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (120175), Deck the Halls Big Designer Buttons (121002), linen thread (104199), stampin' write markers.
Happy Stampin'~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips