Sunday, November 14, 2010

I did it!!

So yesterday I attended my downline's Holiday Open House...she did a great job and had different stations set up for cards, walnut pumpkins, fabric...and more!! Anne...you are the best and did a FABULOUS job!
So..as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator we get a nifty little magazine called Stampin' Success and it's filled with tons of ideas and techniques (new ones EVERY month!!). For the month of November I knew immediately that I wanted to re-create a shirt that they had made using the Big Shot and the Flower Folds die (115970) (my absolute favorite!!) The key is to have a material that is 95% cotton/ 5% spandex so when it's cut the fabric starts to curl. You sew on your flowers and ta-da!!
She also loved the embellished shirt and made one like the day after seeing it in Stampin' Success..then when she showed me?? I BEGGED her to show me how...paper is my friend (not so much fabric...but I'm learning!!) I have two other ones I am working on and will post those when finished. Here is a close up of the frillies!!

Cute huh?? Now one thing I CAN do with our new fabric (since it doesn't require any sewing) is make cute little rings~ I made a ring for her as a 'thank-you' and also one for her newest recruit Jean!! I hope to get a video together on how easy these are...great for the holidays. The cute little box was made using the Big Shot and the Matchbox die (114890). Jazzed it up a bit with the coordinating Deck the Halls DSP (120810), Victoria crochet trim (118481), Vintage Trinkets (118764) and added a 'hand-made' tag with the Tiny Tags stamp set (118592 C) (118091 W) and jewelry tag punch (117190).
Sometime next week I should have the tutorial complete. In the meantime let me know if you have any questions!! Thanks and Happy Stampin'~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips