Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The BIG day is almost here...

I can't believe how quickly the holiday season is approaching. I spent two weeks recently in AZ visiting my mom...and WOW I miss the weather!! The above photo was the ugliest day...and isn't it ironic that there was a rainbow? We were sitting at her kitchen window and a few clouds quickly rolled in..and it spit about 6 drops of rain! Almost everyday I was able to go out and enjoy the sunshine and warmth. You would think it's difficult to get ready for the holidays when it's so sunny and warm (mid 70's) but you could fell the magic of 'CHRIST'mas in the air. She has a lovely church and I attended mass with her twice and enjoyed a fabulous luncheon. Tomorrow I will share a delicious recipe called Tamale Pie~ YUM! Everyone brought a dish to share and there were several receipes I jotted down (so stay tuned for others!). It was great meeting all of her friends and I now know how she has been able to live there while her husband has been working from southern CA for the past 3 1/2 years. During my visit she received wonderful news that he would be coming back mid January to stay! He works for Raytheon and had been transferred and now is able to come home...so yay for mom!! I helped mom decorate for Christmas and I brought with me our Deck the Halls fabric (121716)...she is 'sew' crafty and I knew she would help me get creative and make something festive.
Here is what I made...(with Mom's help!!)
I know....just BEAUTIFUL!! Just wait...we will have more fabric that coordinates with stamps and accessories in the next Occasions Mini catalog!! I just might have to head back to AZ for some more 'sew' cute crafts!!
Here are a few close up pictures...I was completely WOWED!
She has the lates and greatest Bernina machine that is OUT of this world... 'Dear Santa' (wink wink)~LOL!
Cute huh?? I think the coolest part was watching the magic happen right before my eyes. These pictures show it best...I was unfamiliar with this technique or material called 'free standing lace' or FSL. The material that looks like plastic allows the machine to stitch the programmed design and 'create' the lace image, when you are done all you do is rinse the completed ornament under water and it dissolves...it was SO cool!! Here is right before it was rinsed...this is where I was just blown away and ready to pour a glass of wine and celebrate my/mom's clever creation!! I ended up making three: one for each of the kids back home!!
Here is Aiden's (snowflake).
Regan will receive the angel.
Last but not least, my oldest Tyler will get the tree.
Now...before you nod off to sleep...there is one more thing I would like to share with you in this evening's post. I hate that I have not posted anything since I left...meant to do some blog work while I was away..but it's easier on my own computer and the only way I was able to take photos was with my cell phone...so I apologize if the photos are not very clear, but atleast you get the idea!!
This upcoming Saturday (Dec. 18th) is my Holiday Open House and I have a TON planned. SNEAK PEAK: This is one of the cards that will be part of the days 'Make & Takes'!!
This card is BEAUTIFUL in person...hard to see the shimmer from photo~ but it's indeed a beauty!!
The picture on the right shows how it opens.
Card details:
Stamp Set: Serene Snowflakes (115438), All Holidays (114916)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Brushed Gold
Accessories: Antique Brads (117273), Sponge Daubers (102892),Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806), Extra Large Decorative Label punch (120907), 1/16" handheld punch (101227).
You will be able pick and choose the creations you would like to recreate. If you live in the area, please stop by!! You can enter in door prize drawings, make cards, ornaments and more!! There will be stamp sets and accessories available for purchase along with handmade treats and other handmade gifts. If you have any questions give me a buzz (540) 667-3799. Or email stampingwitherin@yahoo.com .
So be sure to check my Stampin' Up! website for upcoming scheduled events and to purchase any of the products you have seen here!! Happy Stampin' & Brrrrrr stay warm!! ~Erin

1 comment:

Renee Ondrajka said...

Wow those are so cool. Wouldn't that be fun to have a machine like that! I'm so jealous, but thanks for sharing your projects and your mom's machine.

Blogging tips