Friday, November 12, 2010

Knock~Knock!!

Here is the another Christmas card (this was the third card from my Holiday Extravaganza Stamp-a-Stack). I was planning on posting this MUCH sooner...but had major computer failure!! When you call the professionals and they can't help and need to refund your $$..that's when you know that it't time for another computer!
Here is a close-up of the opened door, stamped with 'Holiday Greetings' from the Sincere Salutations (115068) stamp set. The ink and card stock are in Cherry Cobbler..which is so yummy!! This is a beautiful red~ perfect for the holidays!! The little ribbon was made with Real Red Taffeta, I tried using the re-inkers on the white taffeta ribbon but this was a close enough match and since we were making 4 of these cards..inky fingers and Whisper White card stock?? No bueno!! Hard to tell from the photo but I used the new embossing folder in the Holiday Mini catalog called Northern Flurry (120902). In my opinion, this folder is a MUST have~ order yours today!!
So now that things are running smoothly and no more computer issues you can be sure to expect some more cards and crafts to be shared in the near future!! This one was a favorite of mine...plan on making TONS for this Holiday Season. This was cased by Nance Lempinen-Leedy. Click here to see her blog and how the wreath was made, looks intimidating but it's SO easy and if I can do it, you can too!! Now...what was cute were the ladies here that night who loved the card but didn't realize that it was a door!! I know silly huh?? The wreath and door knob didn't give it away?? Beth..if you are reading this...sorry!! (wink wink).
Now speaking of door knobs...recently our neighbors and dearest friends celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. I found this cute little wine bottle stopper that was made from a wrought iron door knob!! I swear there are TONS of such creative people out there! So along with their gift I made this card: Another super yummy red color?? Poppy Parade...how do they do it?? (Stampin' Up! packs SO much umph of color into their card stock and accessories...) I think my husband would kill me if I mentioned that I wanted to paint another room a Stampin' Up! color!! So this card was pretty much cased by Erica Cerwin...check out her blog if you ever need some inspiration..she just oozes talent and creativity! She mentioned on her blog that this card was originally inspired by Mary Fish (Stampin' Pretty). So how could I not love it?? I tweeked it just a bit and like the way it turned out...such a unique way to use the Curly Label Extra-Large punch (119851). Well...thanks for stoppin' in and I hope you leave inspired~see you next time!! -Erin
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blogging tips