Monday, November 15, 2010

Give Thanks..

Honestly the only thing I like about this time of year are the Holidays!! If you know me...you know I hate the cold, being cold, losing my tan (okay...that was a joke!) I never have a tan!!
But I love the Holidays!! Things seem to slow down a bit and you are able to spend time with family and friends. How amny of you only send those cards out...to long lost relatives but once a year?? Shame on you!! Just kidding...I'm guilty too!! This time of year is for giving thanks and counting your blessings and truly appreciating what you have.
Sure the decorations are fun...the fall colors are BEAUTIFUL and the food?? YUMMY!!! So whats not to love?? I can handle a few cooler/COLD days and spend them in the basement stamping!! This upcoming Friday I am hosting a Stamp Camp...hopefully in the basement~ it's currently under construction...we decided to re-paint the walls. It's a bit stinky down here so as long as it's completed and not overwhelming with toxic fumes we'll be down here, otherwise we will stamp upstairs in the kitchen or dining room..not to worry folks...I have it under control~wink wink!
Here is the first card we will be making: Lot's of goodies were used on this card. Stamp sets- Growing Green, En Francais and Elegant Thank-you (the inside). CS- very vanilla, sahara sand, garden green and Woodland Walk DSP. Ink- garden green craft spot, sahara sand. Access- vanilla taffeta ribbon, clear embossing powder, antique brads.
The second card: Loved this one~ thanks to www.splitcoaststampers.com I was totally inspired to make this beauty~ I LOVE this stamp set and if you look closely at the background it was made using just the inked clear block!! I know....genious right?? I just can't take the credit for it...it's a total CASE!!
Now I was hoping to show how to make a cute wooden 'tree' coaster as seen in this month's issue of Country Living Magazine and have ordered my BEAUTIFUL birch logs...it's just they are coming from Canada and not sure how long they will take to arrive. So if they are not here by Friday...that will be available at another Stamp Camp. I think it will make a great gift!! But not to worry, in it's place you will make another cute little 3-D treat!!
So if you are in the area, come on by!! Contact me if you have any questions!! Happy Stampin'~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips