Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Valentine's Day Decor cont.

Good morning!! I was SO relieved that we didn't get any snow lastnight. They were calling for a couple of inches and we didn't get any flakes at all!! YAY!
Seems as though the last few weeks the kids have really lucked out ~ we have had cancellations, delays and momma was wanting to STAMP!!!

When they are home, things just don't get done around here as they should (wink). What that really means...is that momma becomes lazy and plays way too many computer games than I should.
Or I spend too much time on stamping blogs, Pinterest, Facebook and well...you know the deal!

Just a quick post on a few more Valentine's Day decorations I recently made.

This first one is a glass block that is filled with a strand of white lights.
I made one last year, click here for that example. These are fun, lots that you can do with them...and the the hole is already there for the wire!! (Found this one at Lowes)


Here is a close-up of the top:
A couple of new products are used here...LOVING the Artisan Embellishment kit (129328) shown on pg.10 in the mini catalog!!
Here is how I got started...
Looking at all the goodies that come in the kit...I became inspired.
First I decided that I wanted another banner made with the More Amore Specialty DSP (129309).
Here is the banner:
Bad photo...(I know)...took this one with my cell phone.
Here are hopefully some better ones...I think the lighting is distorting the colors.
Bad camera too, ugh!
This one is of the back (it's still pretty!)
Here is another of the front: (don't remember if I used the flash on this one or not)
'Be Mine' is what it reads.
Here is a close-up of 'Mine'
Pretty self-explanatory...Big Shot and the Perfect Pennants Bigz l die (123126)
If you look at the kit contents again...there are these adorable little roses attached to some floral wire. I didn't know what I wanted to do with them yet...and I still have lots of other embellishments too.

I knew that I wanted to try making paper roses...have you ever heard of coffee filter roses? That was where I started...and played for a day....an ENTIRE day and wasn't happy with any of them. Then I started all over and began searching tutorials and found this site. I basically 'CASED' her idea and voila~ these are made using the ornament punch!!
Here is what I did for the back:
I hope to do a quick video tomorrow...stay tuned!!

Now my shelf is finished!! Me gusta mucho!!

Please let me know if you have any questions, or leave me a comment and let me know what you think!!
Have a great day!
Stampin' hugs,
Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com




No comments:

Blogging tips