Tuesday, February 12, 2013

CC413 Color Challenge

What a weekend!! It flew by~  Saturday we went to my brother's to celebrate his daughter Kaia's birthday. She turned 3 and is the cutest thing ever...the theme was 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'. Her momma is like me...and crafty!! Here are a few pictures..and she too 'thanks' Pinterest for inspiration!!

I made her an album instead of card to remember her special day:

This was made using a retired stamp set called Bugs & Kisses. This photo is the book, which I had in a cello bag, topped with the tag...perfect stamp set to use right??


Sadly I spent the remaining part of the weekend in bed..sick!! Recently I was thinking about just how lucky I have been...kept hearing about the 'terrible' flu going around and it seriously made me want to crawl into a hole and hide!! The kids have had a few runny noses here and there..but nothing too serious. So today..I decided to 'feel' better and stamp!
Off to www.splitcoaststampers.com I went!

Today's Color Challenge is called CC413 'A White Lucky Tangerine'. You are to use Whisper White, Tangerine Tango and Lucky Limeade and my first thought was the flag for Ireland~ how could you not??

Well... I grabbed the colors and the new single stamp called Lucky Day (129177 W). Then I spent way too much time staring at the card stock and waiting for the 'magic' to happen.
No such luck...'Luck O' the Irish'?? I think not..at least for today anyway.

Instead of using Whisper White, I decided to use Very Vanilla (close enough!!). That would allow me to use a neutral DSP...my favorite First Edition Specialty DSP (121878).  I then put back the Lucky Day stamp and grabbed the new Swallowtail stamp (129213 W, 129216 C). I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stamp...I was excited when Stampin' Up! came out with the Sunflower HUGE background stamp...and this one is just as beautiful!!!


Supplies
Stamp Set: Swallowtail (129213 W, 129216 C), Kindness Matters (122900 W, 122902 C)
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Access: linen thread (104199), Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon (122332), heat tool (129053), Tangerine Tango embossing powder (123106), Crumb Cake stampin' write marker, color spritzer tool (107066), Vintage Faceted Designer buttons (127555), glue dots (103683), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772), scallop trim border punch (118402)

Anyway...it was fun to play along with SCS's Color Combo. It had been awhile since I joined in~ hope you like it, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!! Take care and be well!!

~Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
website: www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com

No comments:

Blogging tips