Thursday, January 24, 2013

Valentine's Burlap banner

Hello....the kiddos are home from school today due to a dusting of snow~

Pretty isn't it?

I am from Rhode Island...where we had a good bit of snow throughout the winter season...don't ever remember missing school for it. Lucky kids!!
So...later today I will fill the bird feeders and put out the corn for squirrels. I think I could sit here all day long and watch the squirrels. Why I wonder.... do their tails twitch??
If you look at the picture, my house is on the left but on the far right of the picture you will see a tree with one of those stands for the squirrels? I had my husband make me one and we put it on my neighbors tree...LOL. They didn't mind..honestly I am not sure if they have ever even noticed it!

Anyway, over the weekend I was excited to decorate for Christmas...Valentine's (might need another cup of coffee!) I don't have a bunch of goodies, but a few here and there. What got me inspired was a new lantern I found:

I filled it with some country goodies...I found this glass cylinder that could slide easily over a candle, or flameless candle..but what I did was taped a strand of these led lights that are even made to go under water to the inside of the glass...have you seen these?? SO stinkin' cute!!
Here is a close-up of the lights:

What I loved about it was the burlap...remember my burlap banners shown here??
On that post I also have a quick video tutorial.
I made ANOTHER ONE!!
Ta-da~


Here is a quick card I made yesterday. This is also the very first time I used the Petite Pennants Builder punch...why is that?? I LOVE it, makes for a quick and easy project...and as you know I am obsessed with banners...so how is it that I have never made a banner type card?? Things that make you go hmmmm.


Here is the back:


Details:
Card Stock: Whisper White, Floral District DSP (126919)
Stamp Set: Workshop Words
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Access: linen thread (104199), Naturals Designer Buttons (127554), Petite Pennants Builder punch (122361), Baja Breeze Stampin' Write marker, color spritzer tool (107066)


Tomorrow I can't wait until my new goodies arrive...I have not ordered anything in over two months!!! So not only did I replenish card stock, buttons, brads and snail adhesive. But after hours of looking through the new Spring Catalog...I decided what I wanted needed. Lucky me...I was able to choose 10 FREE Sale-a-Bration goodies too!!!

Remember during the Sale-a-Bration promotion, every $50 spent you may choose a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!!
Please note: In addition when the order or Workshop reaches $400 you automatically will receive a pack of silver glimmer paper, and a Hostess bundle (containing paper, ribbon and buttons) from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. This promotion runs (Feb. 22-Mar.22nd).

Feel free to leave me a comment or let me know if you have any questions!!
Stampin' hugs,
Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com

No comments:

Blogging tips