Thursday, July 19, 2012

Something 'Old' and Something 'New'

Here is 'Something Old'...and 'Something New' (speaking of which), since it is the middle of summer and the best time to catch up on some reading. Emily Giffin one of my favorite authors (Something Blue) has a new book coming out on July 24th called Where We Belong and I can't wait!!

My mind just went there knowing that I was going to share with you something 'old'..and 'blue' that I made a few months ago.
This began as a 12x12 shadow box frame that held yup you guessed it...a 12x12 piece of DSP (this is from Timeless Portrait (122352) retired now, but BEAUTIFUL!!!) I printed the Amherst Branch Team Charter statements onto vellum cardstock...get it 'BRANCH' you know like a 'TREE' (sometimes I amaze myself!). Added some embellishments and ~Voila!!

One of the fun things about working was gifts and such that I could make and share with my co-workers to brighten their day..here is another little treat: inside the treat tube is a tiny little bottle of vodka...(shhh!!) Maybe that is why she is blushing!!

 Hard to tell from the photo but the only thing that I colored on the little gnome girl were her flushed cheeks..to match the blush colored flowers on the inside of the card:
This paper is also retired...I hate that~ but I LOVE all the new ones added to the current catty...I waited until yesterday to place my order with all my new goodies...it took me about that long to figure out what I needed/wanted!

Now on to something 'new' this past weekend we had two birthday parties to attend. One on Friday for my sister-in-law Sharon and here is the card I made for her.
Of course my inspiration was the gift card..here is a close-up:
The flower stem was stamped in Pear Pizazz using the Raining Flowers stamp set (122767). I made the flower with two layers of So Saffron CS and the Blossom Party die, added a brad...the rest is pretty self explanatory but wait until you see the inside:

I know right?? The presents could also be made to look like a cake...add some candles on the top...it was so fun to make...even better to open!! Here is a link to the tutorial. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Blogging tips