Friday, July 27, 2012

Redneck wine glass-take two!!

So...two more recent birthday celebrations~ one was for my friend Darlene...she likes fairies. She even has a cute little fairy tattooed on her shoulder. Well....when I bought this gift (see photo) I knew I had to make a card that matched right??

It is coolest thing ever~canning and mason jars are EVERYWHERE...it is the thing do do these days! In the next Holiday Mini (customers can order August 1st) there is the cutest canning stamp set with coordinting framelits...and matcing fabric!!!
In this jar the paper fairy is attached to a very thin wire and is battery operated, it interacts with you when you touch the lid...as you can see~I'm easily amused!!
So...I start looking through my retired stamp sets to find a fairy stamp. Of course I needed to make a 'fairy' card!!
Not a single fairy in this bin:

Not a single fairy in this bin either:


Now I am bummed~ I now know that I have to do the 'unthinkable'....yes I drove to 'my local craft store' and (shhhh!) bought a fairy stamp set...actually it's a pretty cute one too!! I know...I need serious help!
SO...here is what I made for her: (notice the way it opens?? cool huh?)

Note: The entire fairy piece was stamped in VersaMark and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder..I have seen that this technique is called Dazzling Diamond Dust (aka 'fairy dust!).
Details:
Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Stamp Set: non-SU! fairy set, Bring On the Cake (121958)
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, VersaMark
Access: Baja Breeze 1/2" seam binding ribbon (122331), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772), antique brads (117273), retired embossing folder, apothecary accents framelits (127003), sticky strip (104294), heat tool (129053), Iridescent Ice EP (101930)

The next day was another friend/neighbors birthday (Jason)...so I needed to make another 'manly' card and I thought I would make another redneck wine glass....I love these things!! Since his name is 'J-ason' I had to cover up the 'M' on the 'mason jar...LOVE IT!!!

A few of my friends were asking me "Just how hard are these to make?" I would see them selling in stores here and there for $15-$20!!! I knew there was an easier/cheaper way...after my 'google' search I found this great little website. Here is a little video tutorial on how quick and easy these bad boys are to make...enjoy!!

It has been HOT here in Va..the past two days have hit 105-110 degrees with the heat index...this card just screams warmth...so sending 'warmest birthday wishes' seemed perfect! Trust me...I really don't mind sitting here in my air conditioned basement...the other day I was actually chilly...thought about turning on my space heater!
Here is the card I made to go along with his gift: (inspired/CASED from here)
Details:
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango
Stamp Set: Broadsheet Alphabet (120585 C), Blooming with Kindness (126422 C), Serene Silhouettes (127324 C)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black
Access: Stampin' Sponges (101610), 1 1/4" circle punch (119861),  1 3/8" circle punch (119860),  dimensionals (104430), black grosgrain ribbon (retired)
Here is the gift bag...all ready to be delivered!!
If you have any questions on anything at all..or just want to comment...please do!!
Take care, happy stampin' and STAY COOL!!
-Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips