Monday, July 23, 2012

In Color 2012-2014 meets By the Seashore

A couple days ago my Stampin' Up! order arrived..YIPPEE!!! I love playing with new stamps and accessories. Knowing that I had a Workshop coming up I needed to get my fingers dirty~ read on!!

My friend Marie has often held fabulous stamping events..and this year will be her 3rd Hawaiian Stamp-N-Lunch. It is always an amazing time of eating the most delicious num-nums and stamping!!

We make a total of 4 cards/envelopes with a Hawaiian/beachy theme and this year I am deciding to take a different approach, all of the cards will be using the same stamp set. It's called By the Seashore (W 126530, C 126532). I just couldn't put it down!!

I have also fallen head-over-heals about the new In Color line..not sure yet which one I like best but leaning towards Summer Starfruit...it's yummy!! How about you? What is your favorite??
So I also decided to use exclusively these beautiful colors: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, and Summer Starfruit.

Here is my first one:

Here is  a technique called 'triple time stamping' I watched this video by Dawn Olchefske.

I basically cased her idea and several others that are on www.splitcoaststampers.com this stamp set is perfect for it~ (I also think this card is my favorite one of the 4!!) Shhh...don't tell the others!

Details:
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse
Stamp Set: By the Seashore (126532 C), Itty Bitty Banners (126257 C)
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse
Access: linen thread (104199), naturals designer buttons (127554), dimensionals (104430), glue dots (103683), bitty banners framelits (129267)

Then in order of my likings...
Second one:
Details:
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Raspberry Ripple
Stamp Set: By the Seashore (126532 C), French Foliage (121166 C), Pursuit of Happiness (121970 C)
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso
Access: paper-piercing tool (126189), stampin' pierce mat (126199), paper-piercing pack (126187)
decorative label punch (120907),  glue dots (103683),  linen thread (104199), dimensionals (104430), vintage-faceted designer buttons (127555)

I think that the new paper-piercing pack (pg.181 IBC) is AMAZING!!! Hard to tell from the photo but the quote is punched out and raised with dimensionals. These buttons are WAY too cool too!!! Dump these beauties onto the palm of your hand and it's as if you are holding DIAMONDS!!

YES...I do think that if my hubby had proposed with one of these I would have still said "yes"!
They really are stunning in person and for only $5.95 (us) you get 24 buttons (8 ea. of 3 designs) (pg. 176 IBC).

Third one:

Details:
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Gumball Green
Stamp Set: By the Seashore (duh), and retired Happy Greetings (123313)
Ink: Gumball Green, VersaMark (102283)
Access: linen thread, square lattice embossing folder (119976), gold embossing powder (109129), heat tool (129053)

Last but not least:
Details:
Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla
Stamp Set: By the Seashore (duh again), Itty Btty Banners
Ink: Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, VersaMark
Access: gold embossing powder, linen thread, heat tool, dimensionals, glue dots, naturals designer buttons, bitty banners framelits

There you have it~ hope she and the other attendees love them as much as I do!!
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!
Remember you can find the supplies listed above to puchase at my online store 24/7.

I am now heading back to the kitchen to pull out coasters out of the oven...wait until you see those beauties!!
See you tomorrow!!
Hugs, Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips