Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Spring!!

Yippee!! It's SPRING~ and when I see robins begin to appear in February I get goosebumps all over. For that reason alone I would have to say that they are probably one of my favorite birds. This stamp set that I used on this card is called Nature Walk (121925 W) (121997 C) from the current Occasions Mini Catalog. I LOVE this set..and you could color this bird to be a bunch of different species!! Here is a close-up photo: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
It matches the DSP that I have used here called Botanical Gazette (121783). Okay...wanna know a little secret?? I have 'owned' our Watercolor Paper (105019) for years...and have NEVER used it!! Not sure why...I had always found that our regualr card stock had worked fine...until I tried it!! What a difference it made~ I'm thrilled with the result.
Note: You need to use Staz-On ink if you are watercoloring or do what I did and emboss the image!! I first stamped the bird image with Versamark, then Chocolate Chip and then you stamp and emboss with clear embossing powder.
Other card details:
Stamp Set: Something to Celebrate (Hostess level 2 from Occasions Mini), Sanded Background Stamp (109294)
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Watercolor Paper, Poppy Parade (almost typed Poopy Parade LOL)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Poppy Parade, More Mustard, Crumb Cake and Versamark pad
Accessories: sponge daubers (102892), Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806), Blender Pens (102845), heat tool (100005), clear embossing powder (109130), basic pearls (119247), decorative label punch (120907), 1/2" Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon (122332), dimensionals (104430), glue dots (103683), cutter kit (106958)
So...you think that card used lots of goodies?? This one does too:
Isn't it cute?? It uses the new Petal Cone die from the Occasions Mini...I pretty much 'CASED' this card except for one of the sized circles that B.J. Peters had used. The one she made was for an invitation which I thought was the SO clever...you can use this for 'scoops' of reasons...happy birthday, congrats... or even after someone has a tonsillectomy?? You get the idea...add a gift card from Cold Stone Creamery~ Mmmmm!
I did have to use our 5 1/2" square envelopes (107289) for it to fit nicely.
The inside card slides out of the cone, here is a close-up of what is says~
Card details:
Stamp Set: Birthday Bakery (Hostess level 1) (117034W), (120115 C), Sock Monkey Accessories (111552)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Crumb Cake, Red Glitter paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Regal Rose, Basic Black Accessories: sponges (101610), 3/4" circle punch, 1/8" Certainly Celery ribbon (119255), dimensionals (104430), glue dots (103683), scallop edge border punch (119882), Backgrounds 1 texturz plates (114512), sticky strip (104294), Stampin' pastels (120962), 3" Originals Circle die (122125), 3 1/2" Originals Circle die (121811), Bigz L die Petal Cone (121810)
I am loving the new Petal Cone die...have you seen it used as a carrot to hold Easter treats or as a take-out box?? There are endless options with this die...it is a total MUST have!!
Please contact me if you have any questions on any of the projects you see here and remember that there are only a few days left to take advatage of the 'Sale-a-Bration' promotion~ it ends March 31st!! It is also one of the best times to join Stampin' Up!, I would be so happy to have you become a part of our group even if you join for just the discount!! In the beginning that was why I decided to join and now it has become a HUGE part of my life!!
These two cards are actually the cards that you can make if you attend my next Stamp Camp (March 25th). Click here to see event details. So if you are in the area and interested in coming, please let me know!!
Tomorrow I will post the ring that will also be made with a matching gift box. Unti then~have a great night!!
~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips