Monday, October 18, 2010

Rag Quilt Bag & Wine Tote

Well...hellooooooo!!! I can seriously not believe that I made this....BY MYSELF!!! Last year my husband bought me a sewing machine (I had wanted one for years) and he completely surprised me. I think my daughter had alot to do with my surprise since she has probably made more crafts than I have with a sewing machine!! Thank goodness to You Tube!
Over the next few weeks I will share with you some more fabric hand-made gifts that I have created and they are SO simple with the help of the Big Shot. I can't wait to use our new fabric.. from the Holiday Mini Catalog, my favorite is Deck the Halls (121716). I plan on making a fabric heart basket...perhaps I'll have to break out the video camera too!! I just hope that I remember how to edit and post...I have only made one video tutorial and that was over a year ago!!
Anyway... here are close-up pictures:
I watched Chic-n-Scratch's (thanks Angie!) video on how to make a rag quilt bag. You have to check it out...she is practically holding your hand every step of the way...and since I am just a beginner..that is JUST what I need!! For these I just revised how many squares (Scallop Square Die 115950)to use to make these two sizes. I made both in about 3-4 hours, including the matching pin. The pin was made using my favorite die called Flower Folds (115970). There are so many different tutorials out there for these flowers but the one I like best is Dawn Griffith's . Here you can see the back, where I added a pin..but these are great because they can be added to hair-clips, clothes...and so much more.
Tomorrow I will show you another wine tote that I made using some other fabric. I think I need to order some more of our fabric and make some wine totes to give as gifts this holiday season with a set of matching cards...since our exclusive fabric has matching designer series paper!!!
Now here are some more projects using the Decor Elements that I mentioned in my previous post. The first is another wine bottle with purple lights...actually they look just like the color Rich Razzleberry when lit: This one uses the crow image from the set Spooky Things (120909 black).
Hard to see from the photo so here is another close-up:
The top of the bottle has a strip of Wicked Fun Specialty DSP (117400) then a tied bow of 1/2" lace trim (120988) called 'Raven' so I thought it was appropriate! The tag uses the new Extra-Large Decorative Label punch (120907), Medium Oval punch (120908), Brights buttons (119747), linen thread (104199), Basics Glimmer Brads (121003) and if you look closely you can see that I sprayed the black card stock with Platinum Shimmer Paint (116807) mixed with rubbing alcohol.
This shadow box frame measures 12x12 and I placed a sheet of the same DSP...I love these flocked bats!! I battery powered tea light fits perfectly and all I did to spook things up a but was add shredded Basic Black CS. Added the decor elements to the front and that's it!! I will add a picture in the top right hand corner of the kids all dressed up in costume before they head out to go 'trick-or-treating'. I took another picture without the flash...so you can see the way the flame looks...so cool in person!!
Until next time...
~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips