Thursday, October 14, 2010

More 'Spooky' Goodies to share...

Hello again....here are some more Halloween goodies I had displayed at my last Stamp Camp. Halloween is my favorite holiday, I love to decorate and over the years I have quite the collection of goblins and ghouls...my favorite pieces are these witch legs that stick out under a table...as if the witch has been smushed and this past year I bought an adorable little grungy witch head...that nobody else in the family likes..I'll have to post a picture of that too. But an inexpensive way to decorate your home is with Stampin' Up!
Anyway, on to the luminaries. These were so easy to make: Using the Big Shot and the Fancy Favor die (115965) with Pumpkin Pie CS, before I assembled the box I used our new 2 1/2" circle punch (120906) and stamped the image from the House of Haunts stamp set with black Staz-On ink onto vellum. Place a flameless candle and that's it!! Here is a close up picture:
I think the hardest part about decorating is deciding when to do it!! This year I waited until Sept. 15 (which I know is early) but look at the retail stores...you have Halloween on one side of the aisle and the other is Christmas...in AUGUST!!
Now for the next project I used our Decor Elements...OMG..don't you just love them?? Let me know if you have any questions at all about them, so easy to apply on almost any smooth surface. Here I used them on glass:
I found this jar at Target and knew immediatly what I was going to use it for...hard to tell from the photo but there are spiders all around it from the Decor Elements Spooky Things (120909 black). I tied some black raffia around the top and added
a tag:

The tag has our new glass glitter (aslo in the Holiday Mini) pg. 21...and I just read that it will tarnish...can't wait to see what it looks like all aged!!

Here is another project using the Decor Elements Spooky Expressions (117568) these little faces I could stick all over the house...how funny would one look on the toilet seat lid?? I used a large clear wine bottle (which I enjoyed emptying...LOL) cleaned out and fillled with a strand of 20 count orange lights. Added some olive raffia and a tag. Tried to get a better picture to see the face..it is SO cute in person!!

If you need to see any of the catalogs and check out all the goodies offered inside so you can create your own Halloween Decorations...click the links on the right!! Let me know if you have any questions!! Take care and tomorrow I'll post some more ideas!!

-Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips