Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Candle Time!!

I love making hand stamped candles...they make such great gifts and you can stamp them to go along with any occasion!! I am now on the hunt for some cream colored tissue paper (they must make it...right?). I have a few unused vanilla candles around the house and I think they would be perfect for this technique too!! To learn how to make these yourself click on the resources tab on Splitcoast for a step-by-step tutorial..and remember that all candles and their melting points are different. You will notice the tissue paper melt right before your eyes like magic...I even 'WOWED' the kids!! Imagine that...they stopped playing their video games to watch mommy burn her fingers!! Just teasing...but be careful when using your heat gun, I didn't burn myself but I could feel the heat. I ended up stamping one side, letting it cool for a few minutes and then completed the other side. We are going to be making these at my Stamp Camp this Friday~ hope everybody likes them!!
I was inspired by a card on a demonstrator only website using this stamp set called Watercolor Trio (117050 W, 120084 C)...changed it just a bit and made the 3 x 3 card. I then knew that I wanted the candle to match~voila!! I love this set...and see many more cards (and candles) with it in the future!!
Now some of you have asked about the raffle drawing I had posted on my Stampin' Up! website. Here were the details: for every $50 you spent during the first week of July (celebrating the launch of the new catalog) you would have your name entered into a drawing. I had noted that I would have pictures of what you were to win...and I never got to making it!! Silly me....just had my hands full these past few weeks. So...here is a sneak peek...and the winner and more detailed pictures will be posted tomorrow! Until then...happy stampin'!
-Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips