Monday, July 12, 2010

Aloha!!

Here are the cards I mentioned in a previous post that we made at my last workshop. It was a Hawaiian themed Stamp-n-Lunch and OMG my friend Marie (the hostess) went ALL out!!
She always amazes me with her creativity when it comes to food, party decor and favors..but get this...when everyone arrived we all received a REAL beautiful lei flown in overnight from Hawaii....yes Hawaii !! I couldn't believe it...it looked so delicate and pretty!! First of all...I have only travelled outside of the country once..to Costa Rica and Hawaii is one of those places I dream of going to and if I never make it there...that's okay...it was if I had gone!! The food we had was delicious...I am beginning to drool as I type...yummy!!
Since our theme was 'Hawaiian' she asked me to use an expired stamp set she had called Doin' the Hula. What a great stamp set..it's hard to find really good masculine cards. This shirt would be perfect for a Jimmy Buffet fan!! I took a picture of the inside to show how easy it is to make a slit using the word window punch for a gift card.
This next card was a favorite!! I had seen some cute cards on the web made to look like a grass skirt...and I loved the hula girl. This was what I came up with. Hard to tell from the photo but she was embossed using black embossing powder. The flower was made using the Big Shot and Sizzlit Birds & Blooms Flower Pieces (113485) attached with a clear rhinestone brad. Isn't it cute?? The background paper that was stamped looked so pretty IRL that somebody thought it was actually DSP!!

These next two cards use a stamp set from the current Summer Mini-Catalog called Tropical Party (W 118515, C 120081) . The first card I took two pictures of to show how it slides open. Very cute idea to use for a party invitation~ I used the new Square Lattice Embossing folder (119976) on the stamped coconut along with the Island Oasis DSP (117173) for a belly band. Cut out a stamped flower and added a rhinestone brad...was actually pretty quick and easy!!

The second one uses a new favorite color of mine called Daffodil Delight (this card also happens to be textured CS) Details: Using a rubber brayer and post-it-note I masked a moon image using a 1" circle punch and tore the bottom of the post-it-note. I used the new Marina Mist and brayered until I liked the color...the more ink the deeper the color. Then I sponged the 'sand' with Crumb Cake (formally known as Kraft). Stamped the palms with Early Espresso and Voila~! It's no Michelle Zindorf...but close huh??
J/K... when you open it, the inside piece of Early Espresso is meant to be a background for a photo of a loved one...cute huh?? Maybe a picture taken from some exotic tropical place...perhaps Hawaii?? Oh and almost forot to mention the front embellishment (silver hodgepodge hardware 111325) ~ the sentiment is from the stamp set called Elements of Style (W 118611, C 120045) also from the Summer Mini-Catalog. But it fits perfectly inside the hardware piece. Well...hope you have enjoyed these cards and be sure to check back tomorrow...I will show you my bedroom!~ I have painted the walls in Soft Suede and added an image from the Definitely Decorative line...it turned out pretty cute!! Hope you all have a great day and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!!
-Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips