Sunday, July 11, 2010

End O' the Year~~

Oh...end of the year in SO many ways!! For the teachers this year I made these thank-you cards and treat bags for our Greenwood 'Gator' Elementary School....this stamp set called 'Wild About You' will have to stay in my collection even though it's retired as long as I have a child attending the school....it was perfect!! Do you recognize the DSP?? Retired too...but the colors were perfect too since the school's colors are green and blue. If you look closely at the silver hodgepode hardware...you will notice that it's not the size that you get with the tin. Here's how: Using paper snips...cut it! Then attach the ends behind the cardstock and Voila!~ Pretty cool huh? I know after seeing this sneaky little trick...I will be using a lot more hardware pieces for embellishments.
Now...since it was also the end of the Stampin' Up! year out with the old and in with the new~ Here is a graduation gift and notecard I made for my niece...using the new Greenhouse Gala DSP (my personal favorite!!) If it were available in fabric..I would be making pillows and quilts..every piece is beautiful and it coordinates with the new set called Friends Never Fade (part of Shelli's Signature Collection)...trust me she has GREAT taste!! On the card I used one of the new bitty buttons featured in the Summer Mini Catalog (118761) along with the coordinating punch from the punch pack (118309). These are SO cute and tiny!! For the gift bag I used one of the large cello bags and created a topper~quick and easy!!
Tomorrow I will post pictures of the cards we made at my last workshop...Aloha themed Stamp-n-Lunch. Hope you all have a great day!!
-Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips