Thursday, March 7, 2013

My two beauties!!

I know that I have once again been MIA~ and for that I'm truly sorry!! Here is a little bit as to why...February is always crazy since it's a short month and loaded with birthdays...including my own!! But then recently...I became REALLY sick! That terrible stomach bug that has been going around?? The 'oh so lovely' Norovirus?? Even the Queen got it! It was horrible...I seriously thought I was going to die! Thank goodness its over and I am feeling human again! The only blessing in disguise was that I lost a few pounds!!

Then the computer in the basement...went kaputz (not sure how you spell that). This past weekend it was repaired and today I am in the basement...installing  My Digital Studio, stamping and LOVING it!!

Yesterday we had a beautiful snowstorm that left us with a blanket of white snow (almost 7"). It was so pretty to see in the morning, but the temperatures went above freezing during the afternoon and it melted as quickly as it fell. So luckily for me the kids only had an hour delay!! Is that mean?? I did feel bad~ the forecast was originally calling for 12-18" of snow!! I figured they would be home all week!

Oh well...bring on SPRING!!

I wanted to share with you what my dear friend Marie made for my birthday:
Yummy Red Velvet cupcakes...made too look like roses!!

Aren't they amazing?? Too pretty to eat!! She is crazy talented!! I know she said that she saw the idea on Pinterest, but if I were to try it..I know that it wouldn't even come close to hers. Thanks again Marie!!!

This is the "thank-you" card that I made for her.


Supplies
Stamp Set: Blooming with Kindness (126422 C), Everything Eleanor (124164 C)
Card Stock: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, First Edition Specialty DSP (121878)
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray
Access: Silver Glass Glitter (120995), dimensionals (104430), 2-way glue pen (100425), Big Shot (113439), Apothecary Accents framelits (127003), Flower Trim (126869), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772)

Lately I have been on a Very Vanilla kick...instead of using Whisper White~ not sure why...but oh well!!

My other beauty I have to share with you today features the new Soda Pop Tops (129388)...LOVE them!! These are sold on pg.24 in the current Spring Mini catalog. You get a total of 16 (8 ea. of 2 sizes). A total must have...not only to be used on cards and scrapbook pages. But crafts galore!! I have seen necklaces...magnets..etc. Just hop on Pinterest for some ideas!!

 
Here is another angle to show that I cut the leaves out of the Very Vanilla CS background piece and placed the First Edition Specialty DSP behind it. I like the way it turned out.

Supplies
Stamp Set: Secret Garden (129144 C), Decorate a Daisy (125991 C)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, First Edition Specialty DSP (121878)
Ink: Marina Mist, Soft Suede,
Access: Big Shot (113439), Secret Garden framelits (129372), Little Leaves Sizzlits (114511), linen thread (104199), Soft Suede 3/8" taffeta ribbon (122967), dimensionals (104430), sticky strip (104294), Basic Pearls (119247), Fancy Fan embossing folder (127751), 1" circle punch (119868), Soda Pop tops (129388), Sycamore Street Designer buttons (130923), glue dots (103683)

Note: How cool is this?? Pay close attention to the Soda Pop top...I flattened it by running it through the Big Shot!!
Here's how: Using the Multi-Purpose Platform without any tabs, place a clear plate then the cap on it face down and cover with clear plate. Ta-da!!

Until next time~ stay well,of course stamp and think warm thoughts!!

BIG hugs,
Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
website: www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net 
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Blogging tips