Friday, March 8, 2013

Another two to share....and it's Friday!!

Yahoo!! It's Friday...not sure what that means exactly for me but I am EXCITED!! Mostly I think because the spring season for baseball starts tomorrow. My youngest son Aiden (age 11) will be playing and he has his first practice tomorrow. The fields are probably too wet from the last snow we had...but the cages are fine and he too is ready. Hard to believe that it's here...I remember last year there were a couple of late evening games early on in the season that were a wee bit too chilly for me! He's such a good sport about it...get it...sport?? Oh...I know...I 'think' I'm funny!

Anyway...this morning I was scared I wasn't going to be able to post anything...slept wrong or worked out too much yesterday and my neck is stiff. Hard to stamp when you can't turn your head...all I can do is look down! But here I am~ posting away and sharing with you what I made today.



It uses a couple of sets, which work well together. Not sure if there is a stamp set that I don't like...but I sure do have my favorites!! Anyway...I grabbed the first set...a favorite (Artistic Etchings) stamp set...stared at it for a few minutes wondering what I was going to come up with and started with the card base..Summer Starfruit. This is probably one of my favorite colors, remember Crushed Curry?? It sadly retired...but this is pretty close. Anyway...then I grabbed a piece of First Edition Specialty DSP, cut it at 2" and stamped on it. Then when I was about to place it on the front of the card...I didn't like it (too wide). So...I cut in 1/2 and the piece on the right I stuck to a Soft Suede back (same size) and popped it up with dimensionals.

Love the dimension...here is another picture.
Inside:

My name is Erin Barker and I am a 'Spritz-a-holic'. Yes indeed...I find myself always thinking a project needs just one more element...one final touch. I can't hold back...I grab the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz and SPRITZ away!! But today someone tried to intervene...


Ah ha~

Who is this you ask?? This would be Oscar....my very sleepy kitty!

 I need my box!! Oscar...give it back!! I felt bad removing him...but momma needs to 'spritz'..you understand right??

Supplies
Stamp Set: Artistic Etchings (120573 C), Collage Curios (129102 C), French Foliage (121166 C)
Card Stock: First Edition Specialty DSP (121878), Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Versamark pad
Access: Stampin' Write marker Crumb Cake, linen thread (104199), dimensionals (104430), Color Spritzer tool (107066), stampin' sponges (101610), postage stamp punch (122344), 1 " square punch (124094), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772), heat tool (129053), silver embossing powder (109131), key (retired)


This next card is one I made for my brother's birthday (his was the day after mine). And yes...you guessed it...I spritzed it!! You can really see the shimmer from the flash. Ahhhh..just looking at it makes me smile!

I used a couple of retired goodies...the copper embossing powder and key tag punch. Shhh!! I just had too!! This image is from the stamp set called Feeling Sentimental (129630 C) available as a FREE item from 'Sale-a-Bration'. Remember for every $50 you spend you get to choose a FREE goodie!!

Note: I heat embossed the bicycle image first using the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to place it perfectly on the raised embossed border, then I stamped it again using Early Espresso ink, then again without re-inking the stamp stamp a third time to achieve the lighter look.

Supplies
Stamp Set: Feeling Sentimental (129630 C)
Card Stock: Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso, Island Indigo
Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark Pad
Access: Big Shot (113439), Textured Impressions Needlepoint border embossing folders (129383), linen thread (104199), Sycamore Street ribbon and button pack (130812), copper brad (retired), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772)

That's it for today...about to pop some more ibuprofen and have a glass of wine...don't judge me!

Have a great weekend!!
-Erin
Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
website: www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com  

No comments:

Blogging tips