Tuesday, September 20, 2011

You getting ready for Halloween?? So many things to share with you....where to begin??


First of all I wanted to share my swap card from Convention this past July. It is called a 'Waterfall Card'. Click here for a tutorial. I had signed up for a 'WOW' swap and 'wow'..what was I thinking?? I ended up making 122 of them!! This is what 122 of them looked like~

I decided on a Halloween themed card WAY back in July because it's my favorite holiday!!

This took some time and quite a bit of card stock!!  Oh well..when I saw the goodies I got back it was all worth it. Here is what the 'waterfall' card looks like as it's opened...cute huh??


There were other swaps that I joined and I'll share those with you in a later post. But here is a quick and cute idea using our new Spice Cake fabric (124066), Designer Buttons (124113) and Spice Cake DSP (124003) all found in our Holiday Mini Catalog. Have you checked out the current Mini Catalog?? LOVE IT!!

There are so many cute goodies,I honestly don't know where to begin. I had an idea of what I needed to make for a co-worker...I made her a CD and since she knows that I am a demonstator..I had to make it cute...


Here I have used the DSP for the inside cover and decorated it with a flower made from the Fun Flowers die (121812) and Big Shot (113439).
Hint: to get the crinkly effect..spray each layer of your flower with water and scrunch it up into a ball in your hand. Open it carefully, let them dry and layer as desired. I attached with brad and hot-glued a big ol' button on top threaded with some hemp twine (100982). Notice that gorgeous striped grosgrain ribbon?? That is one of my favorite ribbons....cut it down the center and pull at it to get it frayed and all shabby lookin'~ love that style...you can't mess it up!! Everything looks all pretty... all grungy and vintage like!!

The stamp set that I used here is called Friends Never Fade (118750 W, 120618 C). I stamped it with Soft Suede  and embossed it with clear embossing powder (109130).
Oh...forgot to mention and it's hard to tell in the photos but it's oh so pretty in real life~ but all of it was spritzed with the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806). Ask me if you need directions on that one...it's awesome on about EVERY project!! The kids are probably afraid I'll start 'spritzing' them before school!!
Here is the inside: I used the Creatively Yours stamp set (122610 W, 122612 C) and did the same as above, punched it out with the extra-large oval punch (119859). Along with the CD I made a cute pin and coordinating box...  the pin was made using the same die and read somewhere a cool technique...spread your fabric layers out onto a piece of printer copy paper. Spray with starch (I used heavy duty fabric stiffener) and wad into a ball within the paper. Then carefully unroll the paper and let the fabric flower layers dry completely and layer as desired. I used a total of 9 layers, 3 of each pattern. I poked a hole in the center using our paper-piercing tool (116631) and added a Very Vanilla 5/8" brad (112533).

So...how did I make the box?? I used the Big Shot and my favorite Petal Cone die (121810). Click here for a great tutorial using this die but altering the die cut shapes into a cute little Take-Out box. I then embossed the box with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (120175), spritzed with some shimmer and added some striped grosgrain ribbon~voila!!




Here is a close-up of the pin...


 and back.

If you have any questions on anything you have seen here, please don't hesitate to ask!! Until next time...happy stampin'!

~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips