Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sunflowers anyone??

As soon as I saw this stamp from Stampin' Up!...duh calledSunflower (123606) I knew it was a MUST have stamp!! Today was actually the first time I used it since ordering it back in July...oops!! Shame on me ~ too many stamps...too little time!!

Another must have are these buttons...since my previous post I have used them on two other projects...if they were edible I would eat 'em!!

My inspiration came from the pin. I bought the pin from this cute little country shop with the intentions that I would try to re-create it using our dies, some felt and a stick. Sounds simple huh?? Well..speaking of not having any time to stamp...like I have the time to try to create another beauty like this one...SO now I have it as a cute little gift!
Note: Hard to tell from the photo but the edges of the base card were sponged with the Early Espresso and the big ol' button was 'faux' sewn using the same string from the Mini Vintage Tags..stuck on with glue dots. The sunflower was stamped and embossed using clear embossing powder and sprayed with the color spritzer tool and Early Espresso Marker.
Card details:
Card Stock: Kraft, Early Espresso, More Mustard
Stamps: Sunflower (123606) and Tiny Tags (118091 W, 118592 C)
Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark pad (102283)
Accessories: 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (I think it's retired Always Artichoke), Mini Vintage Tags (118763), sponges (101610), glue dots (103683), heat gun (100005), clear embossing powder (109130), Dotted Scallop Ribbon border (119275), Spice Cake Designer Buttons (124113)

Pocket Gift Holder:
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, More Mustard
Stamps: Sunflower (123606), Creatively Yours (122610 W, 122612 C)
Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark pad (102283)
Accessories: 1/4 grosgrain ribbon, Big Shot (113439), Petite Pocket (123131), Scallop Edge Border punch (119882), 1 3/8" circle punch (119860, 1 3/4" circle punch (119850), clear embossing powder (109130)
Note: After I assembled the pocket die, I trimmed the top so that the flap measured 1" from the score line and punched the edge using the Scallop Edge Border. Oh...and I almost forgot that I spritzed the 'hand-made ' tag with the Champagne Mist Shimmer paint to match the Vintage tag on the card. It's hard to see that since the flash really washes it out from my camera~ but it's there I swear!! So pretty in person!!
That's about it!!
Here is a view of the back:
Let me know if you have any questions!! Thanks and happy stampin'!
~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips