Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring is Blossoming!!

Have you ordered your Paisley Petals DSP (122367) yet?? Remember that it's part of the 'Spring Is Blossoming' Promotion...I have already gone through an entire pack!! There are two ways that you be part of this great 'sneak peak' treat...yup these goodies will be featured in the next Idea Book & Catalog...and you can order them NOW or WAIT until the catalog goes live in July. (click the link above to see details)
Here I have to share with you some project that I made...these two cards are what we will be making at my next Stamp Camp.
Here is the first one:
Doesn't it scream Paris!!!! I have never actually been... I have been all over the country (Continental USA and Costa Rica) that's it~ I hate flying...my feet were meant to be on the ground!! I am waiting to grow out of my fear of flying because there is SO much to see in our BEAUTIFUL world!!
However I did recently book my ticket to fly to Salt Lake City, Utah for Stampin' Up!'s Convention (July 13-16th 2011)!!! I am so stinkin' excited that my fears have all been shoved to the back of my brain (for now!!) Hey..I can order wine on the plane right?? (hee hee)
Here is a close up of the 'beautiful' Eifel Tower... it's a little hard to tell from the photo that I embossed with silver embossing powder.
When my son Tyler was two years old...(yes I did say 2) he had a passport and went to Paris with his grandparents!! I have pictures of him as a baby doing all the 'touristy' things and he saw the Eifel tower..no I am not jealous AT ALL!!! Sadly...he was too young and doesn't remember...but he's not going back before I go!!
Additional details:
Stamp Set: Artistic Etchings (118517 W, 120573 C), Clearly For You (121911 W, 121976 C)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Paisley Petals DSP (122367)
Ink: Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Versamark Accessories: Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon (120999), silver embossing powder (109131), heat tool (100005), Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (120175), Big Shot (113439), silver brads (104336), Boho Blossoms extra-large punch (119858), dimensionals (104430) glue dots (103683), sponges (101610)
Tip: The Tangering Tango ink is much darker than what you see here, so using ,your grid paper or scratch piece stamp off then stamp your image...perfect match!!
Here is the next card:
Again... I used the same Paisley Petals DSP (122367)which is so vibrantly beautiful~ there is such a variety that match many other colors, it's hard to choose which CS base to use...here I decided on River Rock.
Card Details:
Stamp Set: Clearly For You (121911 W, 121976 C)
Card Stock: River Rock, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Peach Parfait, Paisley Petals DSP
Ink: Early Espresso 'Classic' Ink* (see note below)
Accessories: clear embossing powder (109130), heat tool (100005), 5/8" Early Espresso satin ribbon (119753), Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (111325)
*Please note: When you use embossing powder with classic inks...you need to sprinkle your powder quickly as classic ink dries FAST...or you could emboss with 'pigment' ink such as our Craft Stampin' Spots.
We will also be making this adorable bookmark...the flower is made out of CS...and is so pretty in person you would think that it was fabric...which made me think "Hey...our fabric would be perfect for these too using the same die!" Here is a close-up: Can you see the shimmer?? So pretty!! It makes me smile!! For details check out Dawn Griffith's video tutorial. As she would say "Love it!"
But this was much faster and perfect for a Stamp Camp...I tried looking for a cute book to share with you and remembered I lent it to a girlfriend (oops!). The book I am referring to?? Now made into a must see movie.. Emily Giffin's Something Borrowed?? I read it a few years back along with her othes and am waiting to read 'Heart of the Matter' but I think I am leaning towards the purchase of a Kindle~ and a new camera, and a new hip??
Yup...my MRI is scheduled for this Thursday~ I'm a bit worried about what they will say is wrong. What if at 35 years old I need a 'hip replacement'?? I am a tad bit of a 'drama queen' and always assume the 'worst case scenario'. Just typing the drama queen bit reminded me that I have to share pictures of my Simply Adorned charms...I am going to be teaching a class (Stamp Camp) and those details are coming soon too...my mind is just racing of all the things I have lined up and to share..so even though I have not posted in awhile~ doesn't mean I haven't been busy in my little stampin' cave!! Until next time....happy Stampin'!
~Erin
In tomorrow's post I will show the magnetic board we'll be making too!!
P.S. These are great gifts for teachers and May 3rd is National Teacher Appreciation Day!!

No comments:

Blogging tips