Thursday, April 7, 2011

Petal Cone Carrot!!

Hey there~ I am just loving the new Petal Cone die (121810)...I know I mentioned that I liked it in a previous post (where I made the ice cream cone card??) Well...there are just SO many reasons to buy this die~ it does SO much!! Sure this is a carrot, but as shown in the Occassions Mini Catalog, there were several more ways that it was decorated to make a great treat holder...it's a perfect size for a bunch of treats!! This is how it's opened...you just slide the button up the grosgrain ribbon..and ta-da!! Don't you just love the little bunny tail??
Angie Kennedy Juda has a great video tutorial on how this box was made: click here to watch.
Other details:
Stamp Sets: Forest Friends (113748), Something to Celebrate (hostess level 2: 121897 W, 121955 C)
Card Stock: Peach Parfait, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Crumb Cake, Peach Parfait
Accessories: linen thread (104199), 1/8" Certainly Celery taffeta ribbon, 1/4" Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Springtime Vintage Big Designer Buttons (122301), dimensionals (104430), 1 3/4" scallop circle punch (119854), 1 3/8" circle punch (119860), Texture Plates Kit #4 (114531) and Mr. Big Shot!
I apologize for the blurry photo..I am in desperate need of a new camera~ my cheesy Kodak has seen enough...I accidentally dropped it a few weeks ago and since then it's been even worse (go figure!). I hope to get a new one before I go to Convention~ there will be so many pictures to take...anyone have any suggestions on a good 'point & shoot'?
Now...here is another cute and clever 'CASE' (copy and steal everything). This idea comes from Mary Fish who also shows a quick video on how to use the Petal Card Extra-Large punch (119273) to create a little box that is the perfect size for little Hershey kisses!! Wouldn't these be cute at the dinner table as place settings??
For the chick: I used Crumb Cake CS for the box and Whisper White 1" circle punch (119868) for the egg (then just cut zig-zag pattern for 'cracked' look. The Daffodil delight CS (chick body) was punched using the 3/4" x 15/16" oval punch (120908) from the Holiday Mini Carryover List and the wing, beak and eye is from the Two-Step Owl Extra-Large punch (118074). I then wrapped 1/8" Daffodil Delight ribbon around the box...cute huh??
For the bunny: I used Whisper White CS and the 3/4" circle punch (119873) for the head, the same oval punch noted above for the body and then for the ears I used 5-Petal Flower punch (119880)....then using the 2-way glue pen (100425) added the cute 'cotton tail'. Oh~ almost forgot...the whiskers were made with .7mm jewelry cord (attached on the back with mini glue dots). Wrapped this box with Certainly Celery 1/8" taffeta ribbon (119255).
Since I was on a roll and I really like these 'soft' colors for Easter~ I decided to make something for Home Decor: The letters were cut out with Mr. Big Shot and the Serif Essentials dies (113464). The bunny was made the same way as noted above...his butt is too cute!! The 'egg' behind the letter 'I' was embossed with clear embossing powder (hard to tell from photo). Now..notice the 'eggs' behind the 'S'? Those are also the SAME oval punch as noted above...so order yours now!! I love this one!
Other details:
Stamp Set: A Good Egg (114974)
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight, In Color DSP (hostess level 1 121028)
Ink: Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Brights Brads (119740), linen thread (104199), 1/8" Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon (119254), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Bitty Buttons (118761), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
Here is another view to show the accordian way it folds:
Directions: Cut 1 piece of CS at 12" x 3" (score every 3"), then attach that to another piece that measures 9" x 3" and score that one too every 3". Decorate as desired!!

No comments:

Blogging tips