Monday, June 8, 2009

Pull Toy Duck

This card was made for a swap that I'm in and this month's theme was baby. I had a hard time narrowing down what I was going to do. I had seen a real cute idea using the Big Shot Serif Essentials Alphabet (113464) and creating the letters B-A-B-Y and now here is where you need to put your thinking cap on and try to imagine...you cut out the letters twice.
1.) B in first chipboard or my latest favorite COASTERS!! (http://www.stamponthis.com/) (this will become the base)
2.) 2nd layer will be a window sheet or sheet of acetate (see where I'm going yet??)
3.) 3rd layer will be your card stock or DSP also cut out using the die
4.) Under the acetate you can fill with beads.
So does that make any sense?? If you search 'baby shaker' on SCS. You will see what I am talking about. I might have to try it and let you know how it turns out.
Now on to my creation. This idea was inspired and pretty much CASED from Heather. I love her ideas and her punch art is to die for!! So be sure to check out her blog.
Recipe:
Stamp Set: Goody-Goody Gumdrops (113730) hostess level 3
Card Stock: kraft, whisper white, apricot appeal
Ink: basic brown, apricot appeal, barely banana, creamy caramel, craft whisper white (sponged edges of kraft card stock)
Accessories: linen thread (104199), sponges (101610), Crafters' Tool Kit (104310), 1 1/4" circle punch (104403), 1" circle punch (109046), dimensionals (104430), blender pens (102845), silver brads (104336)
Here is a close up and you can see that when you pull the linen thread the duck slides across the track...cute huh?? Hope you all have a great day!!

No comments:

Blogging tips