Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Nature Walk Birthday card and gift

Ummm...first of all~ where is Spring? Have you seen it? Felt it? Not here!! Here in Virginia our warmest day on record was actually in January...can you believe that??

So...they say that if we make it through this week...warmer weather is just around the corner...keeping fingers and toes crossed (no not really...I need my fingers to STAMP!!)

Hope you enjoyed the previous post about Easter treats, just a few more to share with you that I had hoped to post sooner. Oopsy!! The kids went back to school today so Momma's been busy!

Here are a few more sweet treats:
These are marshmallow rabbit Peeps, that were covered in chocolate and sprinkled. My daughter Regan and I made them for some friends.
Here is a close-up:

I also wanted to share with you some cookies made with our Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps (sold on pg. 161 in the Idea Book & Catalog).


These cookies used the Occasions set (127081) that includes a rabbit, flower and shamrock.
My friend/downline Anne Butterfield made these...aren't they cute?? They were delicious too!!
When you order the Cookie press stamps, recipes and tips are included. The size of the stamp measures 2 3/4". I want to share with you the recipe that she used..enoy!

Annie Pugh's Sugar Cookies
1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon
salt, 1 cup butter, 1 egg, 3 tsp evap milk, 1 tsp vanilla

Cream sugar and butter, add wet ingredients and then flour,powder and salt...of course butter is at room temperature
Just add colored sugar on them if desired

Butter frosting recipe (for cut- outs)
6tbs butter (room temp)
1lb powdered sugar (which is a box or 4 3/4 cups)
1/4 cup evap milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Note: if you are making reindeer..the perfect color combo for food coloring...we call it "toast" is
1 drop green food coloring
4 yellow drops
3 red drops of food colors = toast

Now you have all our Sugar Cookie secrets....it wasn't a secret though!

(Thanks Anne!!!)

Now...Easter is over and as I have said it before (a million times)...it's SPRING!! Isn't it???

We are all anxious to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine. The flowers start blooming and trees start budding. Animals too awaken. We look forward to longer days, planting our flowers and vegetable gardens and walking on the lush carpet of green grass, barefoot! Doesn't that sound just about right??

It inspired me for my next creation..my girlfriends birthday is today (Happy Birthday Shelly!!)

So..I went to my stash of stamp sets and grabbed Nature Walk (121997 C).
Here is the first card I came up with~ icky..I hate it.
Thought it might have been neat in the beginning...to sort of sew the two ripped sides together..but when I added ribbon..all I could see were laces (and that was even before I added the eyelets!!) Remember those?? Eyelets that is?? I have a stash of them...at least I used a few here (lol). So I used my Pool (almost wrote 'poop') Party Seam binding ribbon along the top and added the linen thread and a tag....not sure if I will trash it..or let Regan give to one of her friends. Like the old Life commercials...give it to Mikey...he'll eat it. In this case...give it to Regan~ she'll like it!

Then it was back to the drawing board...I still knew I wanted to use this set.
Well....my determination paid off...never give up!!

Supplies
Stamp Set: Nature Walk (121997 C), From My Heart (126557 C)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, First Edition Specialty DSP (121878)
Ink: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Versamark
Access: Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (127555), Big Shot (113439), Framed Tulips embossing folder (121809), dimensionals (104430), basic pearls (119247), glue dots (103683), heat tool (129053), pewter embossing powder (124114), linen thread (104199), Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon (120999), stamping sponges (101610), sticky strip (104294), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772), Color Spritzer tool (107066), Crumb Cake stampin' write marker

Here is an angled shot to show the popped up cage:

Can you tell I was feeling the blue tones?? So....after I sat back and smiled I remembered something else I had wanted to try...it would be the perfect matching gift!!

I ran out to the fabric store...with card in hand and found some pretty darn close synthetic fabrics to Not Quite Navy. Here is the beauty I made....and the little eggs inside are our basic pearls!!
CUTE!!
Here it's on my hand...so you can see IRL the size:

Click here for a tutorial.
NOTE: I didn't use a lighter....I used something even easier...our heat tool!!! You're welcome!!
Here is the box I made using the Bigz XL Bitty Box & Envelope die (retired)
Inside:


That's it for me today...hope you enjoyed. Leave me a comment and make a girl smile :)
Let me know if you have any questions..take care and happy stampin'!

-Erin

Shop Online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
website: www.erinsstampart.stampinup.net
email: stampingwitherin@yahoo.com

No comments:

Blogging tips