Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stamp Camp goodies!!


This past Friday I hosted  a Chinese New Year/Valentine themed 'Stamp Camp' and we had a BLAST!! As a demonstrator it takes time to think of what projects you want to show, getting the supplies ready...cleaning the house (LOL) and I usually try to provide something light and tasty to eat...I made Oriental Chicken Salad With Crunchy Ramen Noodles, and it's delicious..thinking about it is making my mouth water!! I just wanted to share the recipe because it's quick and easy to prepare.

This little robot was inspired from one I saw in a Better Homes & Gardens Scrapbooks Etc. (Feb. 2011) magazine...you know you should never throw these babies out!! I started looking through it the other day(rather than buying a newer issue and low and behold there are TONS of ideas. This one I liked because you could alter it to make it any size you want, here it's just a standard card front but it could easily be made into a card.
Here are some details:
The base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", layered with a piece that measures 5 1/4" x 4". That piece was spritzed with water and embossed using a texturz plate (this one is retired). Spraying your CS with water gives a much deeper impression...try it!! I then used a sponge and Whisper White Craft ink and rubbed over the words to really make it POP!
Robot
Head: 1 " square punch, the eyelids and mouth were made using the owl punch and attached with 2-way glue pen
Body: wrap desired candy with a belly band of DSP
Arms & Legs: cut desired length and run through crimper
Hands & Feet: circle punches and cut in half

The last thing I did was spray the entire thing with Champage Mist shimmer paint.

This next card uses one of the exclusive sets you can earn from SAB...it's called Elementary Elegance. I LOVE how trendy this set is, the keys and crowns you see all over th place from jewelry to home decor and now...stamps!!

This card also uses the new pleated satin ribbon found in the Occasions Mini (125571). Pretty easy card to make, the Basic Black CS was embossed using the Stripes embossing folder (123128). The stamp set coordinates with the Curly Label punch (119851) so I stamped the main image with Basic Black, then chose my words, stamped them also with black onto Sahara Sand CS and punched it out and that piece was popped up using a dimensional. Added a rhinestone to the crown, and sprayed the entire front with Silver Foil Smooch Spritz (118771). Voila!!




This last card was basically a CASE (copy and steal everything) from this card here. I loved it, and she shows a quick photo tutorial if you are interested in how to make the scallop circle die into a card..which also still fits into an envelope (yay!!). This set is so fun!!
Who wouldn't love getting a card that they can actually play with??
The Maze game pieces come in a pack of 4 (124332) for only $2.50...love it!!
Here is the inside greeting:

Since we had fortune cookies for dessert, we also made a cute little paper fortune cookie. I am going to make a video tutorial showing how simple and easy it is and you can use them for any holiday..not just Valentine's. I will post that over the weekend. So stay tuned!!
Let me know if you have any questions!!

No comments:

Blogging tips