Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Happy Valentine's Day!! I didn't post my video~ don't hate me!! I noted in my previous post that I would be uploading another video tutorial...and I didn't. I have been substitute teaching on occasion and last Friday was asked to sub and I accepted...so no video :( . Don't be sad...it's coming and I actually have more ideas to film too!! Drop me a line, or comment...let me know what you would like to see~ a certain idea or technique...more cards?? scrapbook pages?? I have a birthday coming (shhhhh!). I don't really count birthdays anymore~ that means I don't get any older right?? I would LOVE for Santa (oh wait~wrong holiday)to bring me a new video camera to make filming/editing easier. We'll see!! So I hope you all have had a wonderful Valentine's~ I wanted to share with you some cute treats that my friend Mona and I made~
These hold delicious Ghiradelli chocolates. She made a bunch for her co-workers...pink for the girls and gray for the boys!!
These were so quick and easy to put together using the super cute Table Setting die (116819). I was inspired from the fabulous Kimberly Van Diepen who posted a video on how she made hers...so be sure to check it out...trust me~ that girl could make 'pooh' look pretty!!
Now...on to my lovely Valentine's for the kids~ I posted a picture from a past Stamp Camp where I had one of these little cuties...they are envelopes and it is seriously one of my latest favorite treat holders to make!! These I had filled with gummies...can you believe I found matching ones?? LOVE IT!!!
Here is photo of the inside...shredded Real Red card stock for filler and ta-da~~ my oldest (Tyler: age 15) was so cute...he said "Mom, these are too cute to eat!"
Now...lastnight after we finished up dinner we had some excitement...my husband called me to help him save a baby mouse on our screened in deck. We have cats (bad kitties!) and sometimes they have caught/killed the wildlife...but this was a baby!
So I rushed out to help...along with the kids and we saved the little guy (or girl). I love their ears the most...SO CUTE! I know that there are a lot of you out there that are probably grossed out and thinking...they are just as nasty as cockroaches or something. But seriously... take a look for yourself!!
Now...how in the world did I get two you ask?? About an hour later when my daughter was headed to bed she yelled "Mom..there is another one!" So...we all headed outside and 20 minutes later we caught it...so meet Cupid and Valentine!! Not sure what we we'll do with them...the kids love them want to keep them as pets...I am already crazy with the two cats PLUS two dogs we have!!
That's what it's all about I suppose...catching fireflies or frogs and turtles in the summer? We now have mice until 'spring' has 'sprung' I suppose. Any advice?? Would love some!!
Now... here is what I made for my hubby for Valentine's Day.
A frame and matching 4"x4" card. Hard to see photo because of the flash so here is a close-up:
I also made a catepillar book or some people call them 'squash' books: I took two pictures of them opened because I decorated both sides. Here is the top:
Bottom:
And this photo: all closed-up lookin' pretty!!
Other ingredients listed below: (for all three projects)
Stamp Set: Define Your Life (114950 W)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, Love Impressions DSP (121780)
Ink: Basic Gray
Access: Decorative Label X-large punch (120907), Vintage Trinkets (118764), Bitty Buttons (118761), basic rhinestones (119246), Whister White 5/8" organza ribbon (114319), gray taffeta ribbon (retired), linen thread (104199), Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (117335), Big Shot (113439), sticky strip (104294), dimensionals (104430), Love Impressions Rub-Ons (121886)
Think he liked all the pink and ruffly ribbon?? This was so fun to make and doesn't need to be JUST for Valentine's Day~ I have always loved this stamp set and I used ALL of the definitions~ hooray for me!! From A-Z ~ the cover uses the 'X' and the last piece or the 'back' as 'Y' & 'Z'. Again...if you have any questions or comments I would love to hear them!! Thanks and until next time~ happy stampin'!
~Erin
Oh...in case you were wondering..silly me~ this is how you create the 'squash' book!!
Directions: Begin with a (2) 8 1/2" square piecea of CS and fold in half vertically and horizontally. Flip over and score diagonally in both directions. Overlap one on top of each other as shown and decorate as desired!! Contact me if you have any questions!

No comments:

Blogging tips