Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's a pillow..it's a card~it's a pillow card!

I know what you are thinking...what a tacky title on my post! Over Christmas I kept seeing those 'pillow pets' all over the place and would sing the catchy little tune when the commercials came on...but they never made my kids Chrismtas 'wish-list'! Anyway...this card feels like a little 'heart' pillow. Click here for a great tutorial to give you an idea on how to achieve this look. Here is a picture of the inside (pardon my hand). The Melon Mambo piece of card stock has covered the punched out heart shape, fabric, batting and cover~ta-da!! This card could be used for Valentine's Day or any other occasion for a friend. I think besides the fabric...which I 'sew' LOVE my favorite element on the card are the delicious BUTTONS!! Just wait until you see what I'm making with the buttons next~it's going to freak your freak out!!
Here are the remaining supplies used.
Stamp Set: Love You Much (113756) available in wood mount only
Card Stock: Naturals Ivory, Melon Mambo
Ink: Melon Mambo, Early Espresso
Accessories, Kraft taffeta ribbon, sticky strip, Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker, glue dots, Big Designer Buttons (122301 Springtime Vintage, 122302 Sweet Stitches) and Sweet Stitches fabric (121818)
Take a Spin!!
I am sure that all of you know by now that http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ is a great site for inspriation and excellent tutorials (besides of course my blog ) so my next card was inspired by a topper card shown here. I LOVE the new game spinners in the Occasions mini~ they are a MUST have!! They coordinate with a new stamp set (shown here) called Take a Spin (121937 W, 122015 C). The topper part of my card was made by using the Top Note die (113463) after it is cut out once, turn it centered and run it through your Big Shot again~ I know genious!! Nope...not my idea but happy to share the technique...you can make a cute star like medallion by continuously turning it and cutting it out. I know that Kimberly Van Diepen made a video showing it awhile back. My Basic Gray CS card base is a 4 1/4" square and I layered both Pumpkin Pie CS and Peach Parfait over it. Hard to tell from the photo but the Peach Parfait piece was embossed using the Square Lattice embossing folder (119976). Added some Pumpkin Pie 1/8" taffeta ribbon (119253) and lastly punched out a few Whisper White candles using the new Build a Cupcake Punch (121807) another MUST have item! I also punched one out on the inside of the card:
Great thing is it still fits inside a standard size envelope!!
Click here to shop 24/7 for supplies used. Let me know if you have any questions, off to play with more buttons!
Stay warm, safe and think 'spring' I hear they are calling for some more ice with a HUGE storm headed our way...YUCK!
Stampin' hugs~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips