Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine's Home Decor

Look 'Ma'...no stamps!! This banner was so quick and easy to make~just my kind of decorating!! At first I wasn't going to order the new Sending Love DSP (117153) in the Occasions Mini Catalog...but after seeing SO many cute projects using it... I could not resist. In fact, I even expedited my order. (hee hee) I knew I wanted to create something to spruce up the house with some Valentine's Day decor and these projects left my craft area cleaner than the norm~this Sending Love DSP is already embellished with glitter on it!! So you go to bed without looking like you spent the afternoon in Neverland with Tinkerbell.
Details: 2 sheets of Sahara Sand CS at 12" x 3 1/4". Next score every 3". Take one of the pieces of Sahara Sand and cut off 1 1/2" on one side of the 3" squares. (this is how the two pieces will attach). Mountain and valley fold your Sahara Sand CS and attach your DSP of choice ( each piece measures 3" x 2 3/4"). I punched out the letters using Serif Essentials Alphabet (113464) and Chocolate Chip CS. Added a few embellishments and Voila~ So easy..a caveman can do it!!
Now this one...I know you love it don't ya?? Me too!! I was inspired to recreate this beauty after the lovely Connie Babbert who has made one very similar. I took two pictures to show how glittery this paper really is!! I apologize for the bad photos...it's me not the camera (hee hee!).
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!! be sure to check back for more Valentine's ideas!!
~Erin

2 comments:

c.witty said...

I love this. This is absolutely awesome. I want to make one.

Connie Babbert said...

VERY cute! I love how you added some extras to the center of the hearts AND make them bigger! Great job!

Blogging tips