Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Holiday Stamp-a-Stack

My 1st Holiday Stamp-a-Stack this holiday season, here you can see the cards that we made. Be sure to check my SU! website for future events or contact me today to schedule your own!! I would love to show you how easy it is to make those Christmas cards, or gifts that will make someone's heart melt!! Now...I'm singing- "If I can turn back time and if I could find a way..." I would have posted what we made last week!! Yikes...where does all the time go?? We made a total of 16 cards/envelopes.
We also had an ornament exchange. The catch...it had to be handmade! Here is the one I made..so easy! Click here for the tutorial. I think they turned out great! A great use for all those scrap pieces of DSP!!
Anyway, it was a blast and I am now working on cards that we will make at the next one. Be sure to check my Stampin' Up! website and click on the calendar to see scheduled events. Hope to see you at the next one!! Here are close up pictures of each card and details. Enjoy!!
Here is the ornament card made using the Sizzix large scallop circle die (113468) (Tip: fold standard A2 size card and place on top of the die revealing only 4 scallops, this will create your card and prevent the cut from going through the fold.) I think this one was my favorite, so quick and easy..my kind of card! Especially when you need to make a bunch of them! The circle was made using the clear circle die (114533) and the Merry Moments DSP (115672). Round Tab punch (108340) for the ornament top with some silver and gold cord. Stamped greetings using All Holidays stamp set (114916) Card stock: chocolate chip, real red, whisper white, very vanilla, kraft, garden green, brushed silver, brushed gold. Ink: garden green, real red. The last thing I did to the card was added the punched wholes on the scallops using the paper-piercing tool (116631).
This card is another favorite..just because it's different. I love the flat bow too made using the 5/8" grosgrain real read ribbon (109052). For the card I used a piece of very vanilla that measured 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" for the base. You then attach 2 pieces of Merry Moments DSP (115672) by using the Big Shot and Bigz XL Pennant die (113483) Tip: Cover the smaller pennant two pieces at a time alligning the DSP to the edge of the die and at the same time you will cover a full scallop which you will use as an embellishment. Created a layered piece using very vanilla and old olive CS for the inside. Fold the scallop DSP piece over the top and then I made a snowflake with the Merry Sizzlits die (116823) from the Holiday Mini Catalog and attached with a clear rhinestone brad (113144). The stamp set used was Heard from the Heart (111644) stamped in real red ink. Cute huh?? Clean and simple..yet elegant.
Now this card..is SO pretty in person! Hard to tell from the picture, but the sentiment on the front 'Peace on Earth' is stamped with the Champagne Mist shimmer paint (116806) ...so shimmery~ I just LOVE IT!
Details: very vanilla CS and the Big Shot Movers & Shapers die (114506) with the new Holiday Windows die from the Holiday Mini (116821). Tip: first you make your card and keep the dove in place. Then cut another piece of either acetate or card stock to create a stencil template. Then you can sponge the image (here I used the same shimmer paint) to see through the front of the card. I then added some real red card stock, vellum, gold brads and vanilla taffeta ribbon and done!!
This last card uses the same Champagne Mist Shimmer paint (116806)..have you guessed that I LOVE this stuff?? Here we used the Hostess Level 2 stamp set called Christmas Punch (115366)...this stamp set was also the door prize...hooray to Gloria Runkles who won it, I should have taken a picture of the gift..it was so pretty..I made a snowflake using the Texture Cuts woodsheets (116309) with the Snowflake #2 die (113460) and the real read 1" double stitched grosgrain ribbon...well..you get the picture! It was so pretty and she was very excited she won~ now back to the buckle card. Card stock: real red, whisper white, soft suede, Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP (116770) and vellum. Punches: wide oval (112082), jumbo snowflake (116628) and word window (105090). Accessories: real red and soft suede markers, gold brad, dimensionals, sponge daubers.
Please let me know if you have any questions on these projects or anything else you have seen on my blog. Hope I have helped spark some creative juices...now let them flow and get started on your holiday cards!! Be sure to check back for additional ideas and inspiration! Take care and have a great day!!
-Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips