Saturday, November 7, 2009

Stamp Camp goodies!

Where do I begin?? I am actually shocked that my Christmas cards are about done, do you know that last year I only sent out a few? Here this is my thing..the whole 'card making thing' and I just wasn't in the spirit! Whole different ball game this year~ I mentioned in a previous post that I am ready to put the tree up and begin decorating? I have promised myself that I will wait until Thanksgiving and probably work on it that weekend. Besides..we have had some crazy weather here lately and when it's about 70 degrees outside...snowmen decor on the front porch just doesn't look right!!
Well... enough of my babbling. Here are items that were made at my last Stamp Camp. All attendees received a cute little flask filled with M&M's. The cute little tag was made using the Tag punch (105934) and Small Tag punch (108264). Stamp set: Eat, Drink & Be Scary (111764). Added some linen thread (104199) and Pumpkin Pie grosgrain (109030) and Voila~
This card was made to honor Breast Cancer Awareness month...even though October has passed...remind the ones you love that awareness is key and early detection is vital. This card is stunning in person, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new shimmer paints (have I mentioned that I LOVE these little babies??) (Featured on pg. 27 in the Holiday Mini Catalog)Here I used Platinum (116807) and a spong dauber (102892) to apply the ink to the back of the background stamp called Tres Chic (109258) (I love this stamp too!!) The focal point is the word 'hope' which was stamped again on a scrap piece of whisper white and layered onto a scalloped oval punch (114889) of Pretty in Pink CS. The DSP is from Night & Day Specialty pack (116768) in the Holiday Mini. I love how simple black & white can be...add some color and hey..this isn't spooky at all!! Very classy and elegant..don't you think?? Dressed it up with some Pretty in Pink taffeta (109067), Whisper White fleurette (115604) and some bling clear rhinetone brad (113144).
Have you seen these pinwheel cards?? I love them because they are a great way to use up small scrap pieces..they can be used for any occasion just change out your color scheme! Click here for a great video tutorial done by BarbMullikin (love her!!) For my card I used Soft Suede for the card base layed with a piece of Sahara Sand. The pinwheel part was done using an Always Artichoke square base and Autumn Traditions DSP (115668) and added an antique brass Build-A-Brad (109108) (the second pinwheel to the left of the card was to show everyone what it looked like if you used the back side of the DSP) I like them both...yup you guessed it...I LOVE this paper too! WOW~ I am my best customer..LOL. Tied some linen thread (104199) in a bow and added stamped sentiment from Holiday Best (115364).
Last but not least a pouch that we made to hold a Cup-a-Soup packet. With flu bugs and H1N1 going around (YUCK!) who wouldn't want this cute little dog to cheer you up? This little guy is from the stamp set called Wellness Wishes (115356). Colored him in using blender pens (102845) with Creamy Caramel, Real Red and Old Olive classic ink. Accessories: silver brads (104336), dimensionals (104430)and Basic Black 5/8" grosgrain (115605).
Wait till you see what I have made for my Holiday Stamp-a-Stack...stay tuned tomorrow!! Yup~two posts in a row!! What a shocker!! Hope you all have a great day and let me know if you have any questions!
~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips