Thursday, August 27, 2009

A tisket, a tasket...a Wood Sheet Basket!!

As soon as I saw the birch Wood Sheets (116309) on pg 158 in the Idea Book & Catalog..I knew I had to have them!! Since I have now had them in my stash of un-opened goodies (shhh!!) I figured it was time to put them to use. I watched a tutorial at www.stampingschool.com where they were used to create a cute little square basket. I altered mine a bit into a rectangular shape, then to cover the inside I used some of the Bella Blue DSP (113974) and now it looks like a fabric lined basket!! The handles were made by taking a strip of 1/2" x 6" Close to Cocoa CS use either a bone folder (or scissors) and press your thumb over the CS against the bone folder and slide in an upward motion (as if you were curling ribbon). Do that to both sides and it will be break the fibers in the card stock. You then can pull it apart and ta-da...it's soft and fuzzy like suede. This techniques is also great for making projects look like flock..you can do this with any of our colors to match your project. Another tip: I colored (stained) the top wooden strip by using an Aqua Painter (103954) and here I used Soft Suede refill (115663) (but you can use any color). Squirt just a few drops into the lid and dip with the aqua pen. Hope that makes sense...be sure to check out the video and let me know if you have any questions!! Have a great day! ~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips