Wednesday, August 26, 2009

8/28 Stamp Camp

I meant to post these projects earlier but with preparing the kids to go back to school and visiting with my mother time has slipped by much too quickly!!
Here are the projects we will be making this Friday 8/28/09 at my Stamp Camp (7-9 pm).
This card uses bleach on the Soft Suede CS...I love how the stamped image 'magically' turned into Crushed Curry!! I took two pictures because it was hard to see the image behind the sentiment that was stamped on vellum. Different layout too...not one of my norms or even what I had intended in the beginning!! Always funny how that happens!! I do like the finished product...and have since used this layout on some Christmas cards. When you open the card, in this case you would see the back of the Soft Suede CS..I will add a picture of the kids to send to their grandparents. Pictures of that soon...stay tuned!!
Directions for card: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" (just like a regular card) then cut off 2 1/2"..easy huh?? Then adhere the back piece (here I used 4 1/8" x 5 3/8") to the remaining front section of your card.
'Peek-A-Boo' Sweet Treat
This treat box was created using the Big Shot and the Movers & Shapers Die (114506) along with the Magnetic Movers & Shapers (115953) (love these!!) Be sure to check out http://www.dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/ for a great video tutorial...I love her ideas and she's not only inspirational but also SO uplifting..her voice and humor just crack me up!! This was so easy to make..and could easily be altered for any kind of party favor or holiday treat. Notice too how I went 'green' and used the punched out scalloped piece behind the stamped 'thank-you' from the Oval All stamp set (113790). What's that ribbon you ask?? Whisper White Organza ribbon (114319) that was stained to match the Melon Mambo CS using the Melon Mambo ink pad and stamping sponges (101610). I used velcro to seal it shut.
This last card uses the best stamp in the current catty..I call it 'da BOMB DIGGITY' of stamps!! The Medallion Stamp Set (115223) featured on page 133 in the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog is Stampin' Up!'s top selling stamp set and I now see why...there are so many samples on www.splitcoaststampers.com . It's even on the front cover of our catalog. I took two pictures to show the glossy image, first I stamped in Elegant Eggplant then using the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049) I re-stamped the image with the VersaMark pad (102283) and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. Pretty simple..just uses another step. This card we CASED from this one.
So..if you live locally be sure to contact me to attend an upcoming event..not only do we make great projects..but we have a blast! TFL and have a great day! ~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips