Tuesday, May 19, 2009

April Showers...bring May flowers!!

Okay...maybe I should say April showers bring May 'sun'flowers these were SO easy to make!! I love using the scallop punch to make these cute sunflowers with the Bella Rose DSP (112041) in the center. The leaves were made using Old Olive CS and the Sizzix Sizzlits Birds & Blooms die (113485). I attached the flowers to the jumbo paperclip with our Pop-Up Glue Dots (104183) added a ribbon and voila~ I have a workshop coming up and each attendee will be receiving one...now I just need to make more.. a few friends have asked me to make them one!! I made 15 of these favors in like 15 minutes...SERIOUSLY!!! How cool is that??
Now...the box/basket pictured was inspired from Laurie Froehlich check out her blog here. I changed mine a 'wee' bit and the dimesions I used were Chocolate Chip CS at 9 1/2" x 6" and score at first 3 1/4" from either side and then 5/16" from either side. You could fold the 5/16" part outside the box or inside for added stability. I also made a total of 4 of the Baskets and Blooms die sides and adhered them together to have folds on either side. Does that make sense?? Once you lay it out..it will make sense. Then decorate the front, sides and how cool is it that you can alter the size of the basket to hold what you need?? Inside this one are 4 cards/envelopes for my hostess as a thank-you gift.
Are you sick of the 'sun'flowers yet?? Well sorry!! They're baaaaack!! This cute little pizza box was inspired by http://www.stampjourney.com/ she has a wonderful picture tutorial and I just changed mine to match the 'flower' theme. Another quick and easy project..this holds (4) 3x3 note cards/envelopes held together with some linen thread for the door prize. Well..off to make my little guys B-Day card....little yikes..he is turning 14 tomorrow!! WOW!! I can hardly believe it!! Where does the time go?? He will be starting highschool next fall...then driving...oh my!! Need a glass of wine BYE !!

No comments:

Blogging tips