Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Spring!!

So it's finally 'spring' and to be quite honest I am surprised that I am posting now and not on the first day of summer! When I look at everyone's blogs I am just 'WOWED' where do you all find the time to post?? I barely have time to pee!! Oh enough about me!! I promised my downline that I would post a picture of something I 'CASED' right out of the catalog and their challenge is to find what and where...first one to let me know WINS!! I have something special for them.
Spring is so exciting...I love the colors. Flowers are in bloom...the grass is getting greener and soon it will be time to mow..wait maybe spring isn't so great after all! I hate mowing and are you sneezing yet?? I hate allergies too!! When will summer be here??
These carrots were made using a template a bit larger than the one on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ a friend of mine designed a template that was so easy my husband was able to make them! Well...let me explain, he did the cutting/scoring and I stamped...not sure I have ever seen him stamp! He has trimmed and mounted my new stamp sets, installed shelving for my storage and dowels were trimmed for the ribbon. He has offered opinions on what a specific card or scrapbook page needs but has he stamped?? I think not! Oh...now I can tell you he LOVES the Sizzix Big Shot! He helped make stars out of aluminum flashing with the 5-point 3D star (113473) That tutorial can be seen here. I might have to make him get inky and post his creation!! Here is a close-up picture:
Recipe:
Card Stock: Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Whisper White
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen
Stamp Sets: All Holidays, Playful Petals
Ink: Pumkin Pie
These have been a big hit and hopefully I can have John make more...off the store to buy beer (maybe that will convince him!)
Happy Stampin'~Erin

No comments:

Blogging tips