Tuesday, May 28, 2013

CC428 and it's almost June!!!

Anyone else as excited as I am about June arriving?? Not only is it when the new 2013 Idea Book & Catalog go live~ but it screams summer!! School will be ending..and just as January and September signal new beginnings in the year so does June. Summer weekends, vacations and even weekdays that linger longer~ I remember when I was younger my mother said we could stay outside playing until the street lights came on.

Of course it also means 'air-conditioning'...right?? This Spring has been crazy, just this past Memorial weekend the evenings got so chilly that overnight the heat came on!! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend, things have been crazy here~ not so much in a good way either. But this weekend was perfect!!

Not only did I get my best score ever bowling...198 (and I also beat the hubby!) But the weather was beautiful enough during the day to head outside and enjoy the sunshine. We enjoyed an afternoon at a local wild animal park (Wilson's Wild Animal Park).

Here are a few photos:
Seriously...how do you not smile when you see this face??
The lemurs were our favorite...look at the baby!!

The biggest treat for me was this~


I can not even tell you the last time we (as an entire family were together, happy, healthy and carefree!!).  
From the left: Ryan, Aiden, (me), John, Regan and Tyler. Love it!!
Bonus: The park bench was long enough to fit my whole brood!!

I mentioned in a previous post that I was trying to get caught up on my blog to keep you all up-to-date on promotions, and all of the goodies retiring...etc. But...if you have been good little stampers (and you know who you are) you have already have been on my website to check things out!!

Reminder: This Friday (May 31st) is the last day to order from the current Spring Mini catalog and the current Idea Book & Catalog!!

Today I decided that I would participate in the SCS Color Combo. The colors you had to use are Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo and Pool Party. I thought a 'beachy' themed card would be perfect...so when I went to my stash I grabbed the Postage Due stamp set. The dessert option was to do some paper-piercing (who doesn't love a calorie free dessert??)

Note: Everything used here on this card will still be available June 1st. except for the color Lucky Limeade...but if you like love it, swap it out for another color!!


Supplies
Stamp Set: Postage Due (126397 C), My Friend (122587 C)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Vellum
Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Versamark
Access: Stampin' Pierce Mat (126199), Paper-Pierce Tool (126189), Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187), Heat Tool (129053), Silver embossing powder (109131), Basic Rhinestones (119246), Big Shot (113439), Beautiful Wings embosslits (118138), Apothecary Accents framelits (127003), 2-Way glue pen (100425), Platinum Shimmer paint (retired) :(

That's it for me today...thanks for stopping by!! Until next time~ happy stampin'!
~ Erin


No comments:

Blogging tips